$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Quick update... my hot source says the consortium is lead by a "dream team" quartet of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Diego Maradona, Dino Zoff and Tom Hanks.

She is usually very reliable and never lies to me.

Is that Barry Bannan in your avatar??? Lol funny guy.

Quick update... my hot source says the consortium is lead by a "dream team" quartet of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Diego Maradona, Dino Zoff and Tom Hanks.

She is usually very reliable and never lies to me.

Is that Barry Bannan in your avatar??? Lol funny guy.

Go to the Barry Bannan thread.

'll keep this short and sweet. Since we went live on the Simpson/Davis story we've now become aware of a second bidder. It's a name mentioned previously and a very wealthy person indeed...

Lost credibility with me. If he didn't know there was more than one interested party, my thought is that he heard a whisper and ran with it and is now playing catch up.

In the 2 takeovers I known theres always more than one bidder:

1982 - Harry Parkes led a consortuim and looked to have the deal sewn up - but then it stalled and Ellis made his move.

2006 - There was the AV06 consortuim (Niclass Padfied) - Some guy called Neville - But Randy was always the front runner because (from memory) Doug wanted someone who had the cash - not someone who would lump the purchase price onto the club as debt

So do we reckon - Davis and Simpson was a total fabrication - or are they the leading party.....

Gotta say - I didn't like the smell of the Davis\Simpson thing - it seemed the money to buy it wouldn't be there own but that of some faceless investors - I just got a bad feeling about it. That said they fitted the mould of everything we have heard over the past week or s0 - so my guess they are at the very least interested - but there are probably others...