samjp26

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Well i can play 4 tracks but the first 1 on 1 contract is bugged and fails every time 12 seconds in so can't progress any further in the game :(

It’s bugged for everyone. I had the same. As did Stefan. 

Multiplayer looks more or less the same as last game. Which is a shame

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s bugged for everyone. I had the same. As did Stefan. 

Multiplayer looks more or less the same as last game. Which is a shame

There is a fix for the xbox one version. Go to Manage game & addons, you will see 2 files, saved data & reserved space. Delete the reserved space file and load game. This then gets the correct ghost data to race against rather than the glitched data

Some serious points:

It seems harder. I spent about half an hour on the second track :D Not because I couldn't finish it, but because I couldn't finish it in a time I felt was acceptable (It has started already!)

Whilst I like that you can see the ghosts properly, they are very distracting. If you're neck and neck and looking ahead it's easy to mistake a ghost for your own rider. I hope they have an option to take that off.

I don't like that the ghosts are of random people. I don't give a **** about joebloggs1976355363 from Australia's time. I want to know how much I'm beating Stefan and Jono by.

I also don't like how the leaderboards are a couple of clicks away now. On Fusion you finished a level and the leaderboard of your friends was right there. Now you have to go into leaderboards and click through to "friends". I know that's a minor point but I don't like it.

As I said above, global multiplayer seems very similar to the last game. You're put with randoms (only a max of 6 though!), you get to vote on a choice of 3 tracks, and you race 3 rounds. I was hoping there would be more to it. The plus point is there were actually some hard tracks to vote for (in the last game you almost always only got to choose easy tracks which everyone had become insanely good at. As soon as you got a hard track everyone was shite :D )

There is a "Party Mode" option though for multiplayer. It doesn't let you choose it on the Beta, but I'm hoping that's either an easy option to allow you to enter multiplayer lobbies as a party, or some sort of new multiplayer game mode.

I'm not a massive fan of the map interface to choose levels. On a game like this I'd rather it was just level 1,2,3,4 etc. When I do one, give me the next one. I'm sure that will get better with familiarity though. I can understand them trying to make it more interesting.

Predictably the mechanics seem identical. No reason for them to change it.

Customisation of rider and bike seems much better already

In general mine seemed quite slow and laggy in places. I'm sure that that will be ironed out for the final release but it's still worth noting.

Edited by Stevo985

map screen is horrible, slow and generally difficult to work out what you have already done and where you need to go next & this is just with 19 tracks opened, god knows how bad it will be in the full game. don't like the ghosts as they just get in the way and seem to make the load times far longer than they need to be before & after every race and the challengers sections are completely broken as they are based around your previous best times for that track. This means if you have a platinum/diamond medal on that track already it is basically impossible to do as you need to beat 3 consecutive opponents who all do perfect runs pretty much bang on the best time it is possible to achieve. Rather unsurprisingly the biggest gripe on the forums/reddit is people ranting and crying because of lootboxes.

I got past the glitch, now I have to go back to the same tracks and do different contracts - like 5 backflips etc.

But the ghosts are still there, even when you're doing the track just to get an objective ti progress.

It's all a bit annoying so far tbh. Just give me a track, with a time for gold first and give me platinum medals already!

None of this 'do 5 backflips to pass'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I got past the glitch, now I have to go back to the same tracks and do different contracts - like 5 backflips etc.

But the ghosts are still there, even when you're doing the track just to get an objective ti progress.

It's all a bit annoying so far tbh. Just give me a track, with a time for gold first and give me platinum medals already!

None of this 'do 5 backflips to pass'

You can get any old crappy time on those little contracts though, just try and do 5 backflips etc within the first 2 jumps and it will complete the contract, all it is looking for is the objective being passed, not a time + objective.

Hard to judge the bikes properly i guess as there is only 1 hard track and even that is easy enough, Nothing really that requires ninja skills to properly test their handling but it does feel a bit twitchy

Edited by LakotaDakota

I hate the map interface. So hard to see what you have and haven't done.

I'll be ignoring all the contracts unless I need to do them to get new levels.

All those sponsor things popping up asking you to redo levels with backflips and that. Nah.

Alas, I think the Beta ends today.

I managed to gold all the tracks yesterday.

The contract stuff is utterly pointless. They're all a piece of piss. it's just a fake way to make you replay tracks.

Did everyone fill in the survey about the beta? I spent some time on it.

Also there's plenty of feedback going on over on the Reddit, so if there's something you particularly want to say you should head over. There are a couple of Ubisoft/RedLynx guys active on there and responding to feedback.

It's apparent from the Reddit that a lot of people agree with us on here.

Lootcrates are being absolutely slated. Everybody hates them
The world map is being slated too. Nobody seems to like that.
Contracts (previously challenges on Fusion) being mandatory to progress the game is being criticised
The ghosts aren't being panned, but everybody is noting how distracting they are.
Load times and general time taken to jump straight back into a track is being criticised.

Like I said there are a couple of Ubisoft guys on there who claim to be feeding this back to the devs, so hopefully some of the things we didn't like will get fixed or taken out.

• 4 months later...
Â