A Song of Ice and Fire

villarule123

Pretty easy to finish really:

That character you like, they die, as does any other character you might possibly like. There will be loads of sex and nudity and half a page about the dragons, then the horrible word removed no-one likes will get the Iron Throne. 

Thanks for the money suckers.

• 3 months later...

So I'm part way through the second book (please don't give away any  spoilers).

Has anyone read the Farseer Triology by Robin Hobb? I do definitely see some similarities, a basterd rising to power, warging into wolves, invades from the north who zombiefy people etc...Surprising how both original books came out the same year, as you could easily believe one had plagiarised the other.

Edited by mikeyp102

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently he's determined to finish it before the end of this year, but who knows?

I personally don't think he'll survive to finish the books, which would be a massive shame.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Apparently he's determined to finish it before the end of this year, but who knows?

I personally don't think he'll survive to finish the books, which would be a massive shame.

Very much this. The same happened with Robert Jordan with another writer taking o er and it just wasn't the same at all.

2 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

One does get the sense that he wrote himself into a corner and has no idea how to get out of it.

Nah. It's that the TV show is making a metric shit ton more money than the books ever have and he's focusing his efforts on that instead. 

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Robert Jordan?

The wheel of time series. It's another hugely popular series. Quite like the Song of ice and fire the books began to drag out and then he died leaving the series unfinished.

The series was finished off by another author Brandon Sanderson. But the tone and writing of the book were not the same and I'm my opinion no where near as good. 

Sanderson basically was a made man after finishing that series.

On 03/01/2016 at 12:53, Eames said:

GRRM confirmed on his blog that WoW is not finished (and nowhere near so) apparently and won't be released prior to the HBO S6 opener in April as was the original plan. 

Seriously what the **** does he do all day?  Must sit around all day then type a single letter before packing it in again after another hard day slaving over the keyboard. 

He HAS to be deliberately stalling letting the TV series run its course. I reckon they are all finished and once the TV series has ended he will bring them all out quickly even if posthumously 

That is my hope anyway because I like the TV series but it can never replace the depth and richness of a damn good novel so I would hate to never get to read them even if the plot is known

I love David Gemmell books and can read them over again and still thoroughly enjoy them when I know what's broadly going to happen 

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Seriously what the **** does he do all day?  Must sit around all day then type a single letter before packing it in again after another hard day slaving over the keyboard. 

He goes to conventions, consults on the TV series, works on other books, probably watches some TV and eats out. Anything he wants to, really.

He's a **** millionaire, and his books are his own creation, he doesn't owe the fans anything, he's not some 40 hour a week, 9-5 worker who has to account for his time.

As Neil Gaiman once put it, George R.R. Martin is not your bitch.

• Like 1

Or, a somewhat less cynical view, he is suffering something approaching writer's block brought on by the popularity of his world and the pressure to finish his story.

58 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He goes to conventions, consults on the TV series, works on other books, probably watches some TV and eats out. Anything he wants to, really.

He's a **** millionaire, and his books are his own creation, he doesn't owe the fans anything, he's not some 40 hour a week, 9-5 worker who has to account for his time.

As Neil Gaiman once put it, George R.R. Martin is not your bitch.

Jeez... Sorry to cause offence. I didn't realise you had to put a smiley after every comment for people to realize a comment is tonge in cheek! 

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Jeez... Sorry to cause offence. I didn't realise you had to put a smiley after every comment for people to realize a comment is tonge in cheek! 

Well, now you know otherwise you **** word removed bastard piss shit face arse turd cock rocket polisher :P

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Well, now you know otherwise you **** word removed bastard piss shit face arse turd cock rocket polisher :P

There is some humor in there if only I could find it:detect:

Â