Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

theboyangel

After the events that have unfolded this week, the players are now training with a real buzz in the air after months of misery and dispair. The stage is set for them to show that they have the passion and desire to win football matches and finally make our sleeping lion roar once again among 30000+ villa fans all singing and cheering with joy. The perfect opportunity to end a losing streak is now, and this will surely secure our premiership status for at least another season.

....2-0 Southampton - Lallana and Lambert.

• Like 2

Just after we beat them at St Marys we had a run of four straight defeats against Utd (0-3), Fulham (0-2), Stoke (1-2), Palace (0-1) and now we go into the reverse fixture having once again come off the back of four straight defeats against the exact same opposition Stoke (1-4), Utd (1-4), Fulham (1-2), Palace (0-1). Maybe we could win just to be symmetrical. But to not take a point from those 8 games is pretty disgusting tbh, its a sackable offence in reality pfftttt

As has been said before, Southampton are on a poor little run and we're at home - I fear the worst. Teams on bad runs seem to come to Villa Park to turn the form around.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Bertrand

KEA Westwood Delph

Weimann Agbonlahor

Robinson

UTV

-----------------------Guzan--------------------

--------------Vlaar--Baker---Clark-----------

Bacuna--------------------------------Bertand

-------Albrighton-Westwood-Delph-------

--------------Gabby---Weimann-------------

That's what I would go with.

Not being funny but after last week's 3 at the back, we simply had nothing up front and bearing in mind we need goals, I wouldn't go for that formation again this season.

Not being funny but after last week's 3 at the back, we simply had nothing up front and bearing in mind we need goals, I wouldn't go for that formation again this season.

That is correct, that's why I put Albrighton in there because we cam e alive a little when he came on. Also removing Holt from up top may make us play on the floor to Weimann and Gabby. We have played better in previous times when we have done that.

That is correct, that's why I put Albrighton in there because we cam e alive a little when he came on. Also removing Holt from up top may make us play on the floor to Weimann and Gabby. We have played better in previous times when we have done that.

I don't think Albrighton could play part of a midfield three - when he came on last week we went to 4 at the back (stupidly at the cost of Bertrand!) and played 2 in the middle, 2 advanced out wide and 2 up front.

I think a return to the 433 or a 442 will happen on Saturday - regardless of the formation, I just hope our boys show more desire and effort his week to stop the rot of losses.

I love Villa so much, just as everybody else here. Looking forward to the game and really hoping to see one of those fantastic and energetic performance we'v had this season. Even though everything even my own brain is telling me a Southampton win is to expect, I can't stop my heart from believing in the lads and hoping for a win! Stay Up The Villa and make us proud this season!!  

P.S I know that those energetic performances hasen't been many but still!

Edited by AVFCRAMTIN
  • Like 2

can't really say why, but I have this strong feeling that Westwood will have a blinder.

So, he's going to pass forwards instead of sideways?

• Like 1

-----------------Guzan-------------------

Lowton------Vlaar---Baker--Bertrand

---Bacuna---Westwood---Delph-------

Albrighton----Robinson---Agbonlahor

Lamberk will play Weimann and Holt though, that mug