Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

theboyangel

Possibly Lambert's biggest home game of his Villa tenure - we need something out of this match (other than a loss!) otherwise what little confidence remains at the club will certainly be opening the doors of the last chance saloon.

Yesterday showed how inept we can be up front and certain players didn't justify their selection.

The 3 at the back experiment failed as it stunted any foray into their final third of the pitch.

We need to freshen things up (a little) and above all else, throw the kitchen sink at Soton.

I'd line up as

...............Guzan

Lowton.Vlaar.Clark.Bertrand

...KEA.Westwood.Delph

.Albrighton.Holt.Weimann

Subs: Steer, Baker, Bennett, Bacuna, Gabby, Tonev, Robinson

Lose this then the atmosphere really will be horrific, like the Bolton under McLeish game, i really didn't think id see that level of vitriol be levelled at a manager again and i really do hope it doesn't come to that.

Sadly I can also see a mcleish Bolton scenario.

-------------Guzan--------------

Lowton Vlaar Clark Bertrand

-----KEA Westwood Delph-----

Albrighton--------------Bacuna

------------Andi-----------------

• Like 2

.......................................Guzan...........................................

Some Crap Player...Vlaar...Some Crap Player...Bertrand

.....Some Crap Player...Some Crap Player... Delph.....

...........Some Crap Player...Some Crap Player.............

..........................Some Crap Player.......................

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 2

The agony that is Villa will continue, Lambert will stand there completely fuddled all game and with ten minutes to go he will bring on the devastating, the unstoppable, the footballing magician that is MR JORDAN BOWERY!!!!!!!!

Heart says nervy 1-0 win to help drag the mouldy rotten corpse of this football club over the line for safety. Head says nailed on 2-0 loss and another nail in the coffin of "Project Lambert"

Project Bollocks more like.

Really not looking forward to this apart from the fact it's one game nearer to the end of this cluster **** of a season

I agree that this could possibly be Lambert's most important home game as manager for us. A loss here would be absolutely devastating, especially if the rest of the weekend's results go against us. Unfortunately, I just can't see past a loss. Southampton will dominate us in every area of the pitch, and with the atmosphere most likely being absolutely horrid, they'll capitalise on our nerves. I've had enough of Lambert now, just like so many others, but just to make sure that we get over the finish line this season, we need to be getting behind the team. If, at the final whistle, we've put in another awful performance and lost, then making our feelings known is understandable, but if it's during a game and we make a mistake, we need to not turn things sour. I'm praying that we can grind out a result here, as we really need to get some breathing space in case the teams below us pull off some wins.

Guzan

Bacuna    Vlaar    Clark   Bertrand

KEA   Westwood  Delph

Albrighton        Weimann

Holt

They'll dominate possession, so we'll have to just play on the break. I was thinking of putting Gabby in for that, but he's been beyond rubbish lately. Weimann for the pace on the break, Albrighton  to get crosses in for Holt (it's obvious that Helenius won't get a chance).

Edited by JoshVilla