Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

theboyangel

I'd have played Robinson. I don't go by the mindset that you blood the youth when there is no-pressure. I think throwing them in at the deep end and seeing which ones sink and swim is far more efficient. Worst case scenario he doesn't work out for now and doesn't score. He'll likely do no less than Weimann or Agbonlahor today (please prove me wrong). That said I hope we play for a win as I can't fault the team if we play to win and still lose. It's when we park the bus going for a bore draw and then lose that I get annoyed. 

LINE-UPS - Aston Villa v Southampton (1500 BST)

Aston Villa: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Albrighton. Subs: Clark, Steer, Sylla, Tonev, Holt, Lowton, Robinson.

Southampton: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Schneiderlin, Steven Davis, Wanyama, Lallana, Lambert. Subs: Cork, Do Prado, Chambers, Gazzaniga, Hooiveld, Reed, Gallagher.

Referee: Lee Mason (England)

Has Clark become a better defender since he was dropped or something? Baker must be in for the physical battle against Rickie Lambert I'd imagine?

Clark shouldn't have been dropped though, he was playing fine next to Vlaar.

• Like 1

Has Clark become a better defender since he was dropped or something? Baker must be in for the physical battle against Rickie Lambert I'd imagine?

Clark shouldn't have been dropped though, he was playing fine next to Vlaar.

A lot of people were crying out for Baker to come in for Clark earlier in the season due to the amount of free kicks in dangerous positions that Clark was giving away. Truth is neither are very good and I'd rather neither started!