Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Marcelo Bielsa, Uwe Rosler or Ronald Koeman.

I'm not at all convinced by Rosler. Having success in the lower leagues proves nothing. Lambert also did well in the lower leagues, but can't follow up in Premier League

Foreign is definitely the way to go. Di Matteo for me.

I'd be ok with this.
Why on earth? What's it matter where you're from, so long as you're up for it.
It wasn't the fact he was foreign. More to do with his ability and potential. We aint going to attract a top class manager but we may get someone like RDM who is trying to make his way to the top (and has a European cup under his belt).
  • Like 1

Quality of managers in uk is sparse same with the talent pool of players. Of the following managers it could be argued none would be muxh better than lambert. Marginally maybe or some could argue equal to or worse.

Pulis, hughes, big sam, makay, di canio, poyet, mcdermot, mcleish, Laudrup, Bruce, jol, mon, atkins, Holloway, mcarthy, clark, hodgson, di matteo, Houghton, pardew

Thats a list of managers who have recently managed in the premier league. As poor as Lambert has been. Nobody on that list looks like a good long term replacement. Many have several flaws just like Lambert. But whilst we have a tight arse chairman i think its better the devil you know for next season and hope injuries go our way.

Ppl will argue get a manager from abroad but how often has that worked too?

• Like 1

Quality of managers in uk is sparse same with the talent pool of players. Of the following managers it could be argued none would be muxh better than lambert. Marginally maybe or some could argue equal to or worse.

Pulis, hughes, big sam, makay, di canio, poyet, mcdermot, mcleish, Laudrup, Bruce, jol, mon, atkins, Holloway, mcarthy, clark, hodgson, di matteo, Houghton, pardew

Thats a list of managers who have recently managed in the premier league. As poor as Lambert has been. Nobody on that list looks like a good long term replacement. Many have several flaws just like Lambert. But whilst we have a tight arse chairman i think its better the devil you know for next season and hope injuries go our way.

Ppl will argue get a manager from abroad but how often has that worked too?

How is Lerner a tight-arse chairman? 

With a depleted squad since Houllier has been in charge we've hardly been given the funds to build a squad. Been feeding off scraps for seasons now. Unable to afford loanees like Holtby. Resorting to squad players like Bowery, sylla, holt to make the numbers up.

When he did put the money in we spunked it hard and it looks like he's trying to claw it back now.

Any significant signings we make need to have a potential sell on value, probably bar Vlaar. So gone are the days when we could get a Merson type player in to change things up

Also in a whole post and thread talking about managers u choose to pick the quote about the chairman?....

Edited by villa_shere

He's put a lot of money into the club - backed Lambert with quite a lot of money the last two windows. We have to be careful financially at the moment due to mistakes made in the past but I think it's made to call him a tight-arse considering.