Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Mark Hughes is the man who should have replaced MON. I think it is safe to say that we would not have dropped out of the top ten under Sparky.

We certainly should've hired him after Houllier. Still mind-boggling how he was overlooked that summer.

exactly!! people can go Lambert has had no money!! but place £2.8mil Joe Bennett with a vastly better player in Erik Peters at 2mil!! also spending £2.5mil on Tonev when Marko Arnautovic cost £2mil.. I would take both those Stoke players over the two Villa Purchased.. Also getting Barca prospect Mark Muniesa on a free was a masterstroke.

Hughes does a lot better with teams with little money to the teams where he has bigger money, he would have worked well here!

• Like 3

It would have to be one you take a chance with.....the big names would baulk at it now due to too many false dawns.

exactly, unless they are tempted with a wodge of notes to spend on players, no respectable manager with ambition is going to want to cone here with the intentions of getting us midtable. Were stick or twist atm, the problem is we twist and will end up with another lambert type

Realistically, it won't matter too much who replaced Lambert.

Might look a little different, a few places up or maybe some "effective" football that gets results.

But the problem at Villa has taken deep root for the last 4 or 5 years. Until there is a change of ownership (and even then who knows what the new owners want to do), I'm afraid just more of the same water treading.

Would Klinsmann be too big a name for us at the moment? I guess it depends on who is control of the club If it's Lerner then I think he'd want to go for another  who has good reputation of working with a small budget. I reckon his ideal appointment would be Moyes if he ever became available but he would perhaps be able to entertain more attractive offers than us .

http://postimg.org/image/llpoea7i1/

Beaten Wolves, Walsall, MK Dons and Peterborough since taking over start Dec

Lost to Oldham, Sheffield United, Preston, Port Vale, Crewe and Brentford... all one after another. Losing 6 games in a row in League One is not grounds for coming back to the Premier League when he couldn't hack it last time round

Edited by HalfTimePost

Longshot...

John Gregory? Crawley beat Play Off hopefuls MK Dons away yesterday 0-2.

He has got them slowly winning games again!

we have made worse decisions, than considering John.

Marcelo Bielsa

That would certainly tick the tactical nous check box! Would be a big gamble in terms culture and playing style, but I think he's a great manager.

Could be excellent, along similar lines I previously mentioned Sampioli the chile manager, known disciple of Bielsa and may want a change after the world cup

Who will want to come here, with no money left or decent plans by Lerner.

Why would Felix McGarth go to Fulham when they were on the brink of being relegated?

The prem is still a big draw for managers. The problem is last few years the mantra has been "we need premier league experience" from the boardroom.

Steve Bruce has just demonstrated a master class on how to reorganise his bunch of journeymen average players to turn a losing position around.

Paul Lambert take note.

(I'd still love it if Sheff United got an equaliser!)

Steve Bruce has just demonstrated a master class on how to reorganise his bunch of journeymen average players to turn a losing position around.

Paul Lambert take note.

(I'd still love it if Sheff United got an equaliser!)

Bruce > Lambert.

Hull will probably finish above us and they've now made the FA cup final.

With the increased tv money and the books balanced , Lerner may easily throw £30-40m at it this summer. That may tempt a Benitez type.

That's on the big assumption we stay up of course.

NO WAY!

20m we roughly break even we aren't going to spend 40 it's highly unlikely 30.

It is worth noting that we spend something like 6th highest in the league on fees.

It's worth mentioning again we should only be buying a few quality players per year