• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Haven't posted here in a while and have been a supporter of Lambert in the past given the restrictions imposed on him by Lerner, but today he has lost my support.  He adopted a negative line-up/formation from the outset and appeared content to play for 0-0.  Every bit as bad as McLeish. - the Palace goal was coming for a long time and nothing was done to turn things around.  Another season of this and we'd surely be relegated.

Knock knock!  Who's there? Paul, Paul who? Paul Lambert!  Are you the Villa manager?  No not me i just happen to be here!  So who manages Villa?  Oh that would be???????  Pass i don't no to be honest, but at a guess i would say Ian Culverhouse!  Oh right thanx for that!! 

Awful.. really, really awful..

Really worried now, poor showing from Lambert not making any changes to try and go for the game, instead we seemed to just want to grind out a 0-0 draw. We completely span the game on its head when Albrighton came on, should have done it earlier and gone for the 3 points. Now we come away with nothing, fearful that we may just get sucked down now.

This is exactly what I've been fearing since Benteke went down. We don't have any scoring threats. With things like this, Lambert decides not to play Weimann? This after he has put Andi out there all season? Can't understand.

Far too negative today, the front two weren't able to hold the ball up at all to take pressure off us though. Even when we were dominating possession, we lost it as soon as we tried to get into the final third.

Not really any positives to take from this one.

I've studiously avoided the Lambert thread for the most part, and until today I genuinely wasn't convinced he couldn't do a job. But today has made clear that he isn't up to this task, that the team he's built isn't good enough, that we're still very much in the thick of the relegation battle, except that every other team in it is in good form, with the sole exception of Sunderland, who are too far gone to count. How are we going to win a game during the rest of the season? How are we going to score, even? Because nothing looked likely today. 

Lambert refused to make a change until everyone knew it was too late. He sat and watched a 20 minute spell of football during which time we didn't string 3 passes together, and Palace had the ball in our half the entire time. He sat on his hands. Before that, he set up the team to grind out a 0-0 draw, and here we are, a totally predictable result of failing to get all the way to 90 minutes at 0-0, which is what always happens. His team selection was a joke, his tactics and formation were abysmal, the players he's signed aren't good enough to save us, and we're crumbling into the Championship. 

Lambert out, tomorrow morning. 

Still possible to stay up with 34 points and a reasonable GD ...

Norwich has some tough games coming up and Cardiff and Fulham and Sunderland and Norwich all have worse GD than us.

If just 3 out of those 5 don't reach 35 points, we get another season in the PL :)

To do what?

Exactly! If we stay up, Lambert gets a new contract, and maybe if he's lucky gets £20m to spend on 8 players from the Latvian second division. We then go through another season where we hope that there are 3 teams worse than us, and we repeat until there aren't 3 teams worse than us and we disappear to the Championship forever. 

We basically need two points from five games, next three as don't see us getting anything in last two.

Surely we'll manage that?? Surely even as crap as we are we can't lose 9 on the trot.

Lambert has also lost me today. been really trying for a long time to keep on side. Another manager just means more "transition" more players frozen out/not fancied and wasted money. Ie no progress in the squad.

However it was so blindingly obvious that Palace we're going to score why didn't he try and effect the game.

I also think setting up for 0-0 away at Spurs as Eck did was painful enough but doing the same away at Palace is just embarrassing.

• Like 3

If he has any self respect he will **** walk. Useless word removed

Sadly modern day managers don't walk anymore. They stick around like a bad smell waiting for the sack and the inevitable pay out.

No respect, no class.

• Like 1

We have a half decent away record arising from a fast counter-attacking style and Lambert plays Holt up front ..... how does that work ?

I have nothing against Holt but he's a big target man who, if he still has a strength, holds the ball up well but you don't want that if you are looking to counter with pace. Either Weimann or Albrighton had to play with Gabby, or even both.

I really don't get what Lambert is doing !!!!! 

I didn't see the match as I was out elsewhere (thank the heavens above) but from what I've read we had a lot of early possession with nothing to show for it.  Absolutely diabolical to lose to an *ahem* fellow relegation candidate.  The rot needs to stop and it needs to stop now. 

The heart and soul is drifting away, there are so many tell tale signs IMO  where it is clear that things are most definitely wrong, things that need changing and things that, if they don't change will get you in deep trouble.

we have procrastinated through a false sense of progress and we are now where we are.

We are in serious trouble.

Â