Season Ticket Renewal 2014/5 - Yes/No

smetrov

I will keep them guessing like they do to me with everything AVFC.

For me the burning question is are the club doing everything they can to provide decent quality football....I'm not convinced the will is there from the people that matter.

how can you support folk that don't want to support us.....its sad really.

I will always be a fan, but being a supporter is becoming a bit of a **** take.

• Like 1

You should definitely only bother supporting a team when they're doing well. 

i know what you're saying but its not that simple, its justifying cost, and its getting harder, its also now very easy to get tickets because we dont sell out and there are usually deals on, and you dont have to put up with sky's bullshit, 1-4 vs stoke 4pm on a sunday afternoon, i needed that like i needed a 2nd asshole, sunday 4pm kick offs would be straight out for me if i didnt have a ST

Its got nothing to do with money for me, or kick off times or the pies or the programmes.

the question I ask myself is : ....Does the owner, manager, CEO or the players have the slightest care about the standard of football on offer.

I ain't convinced they give a flying ****

Ps  right now i wouldn't have one as a gift.

Edited by TRO

I have had mine for over 30 years so out of habit I guess I will be renewing.

But my 16 year old daughter has had enough, she doesn't want me to renew for her, although she has had a season ticket for 5 years.

And, this is the biggest issue the club needs to realise.

Us old buggers who remember the good times and still think we are big club will continue to buy our tickets, but for the younger generation, who have never seen success, well, it's a different matter for them.

There are better things for them to do on a Saturday afternoon that watch the shit we have had to witness for the last 4 years. And the worst thing is, once these youngsters have been turned off going, there is no return.

I sincerely hope that the rumours that Randy is looking to bail out come to something, because with him staying in charge, we will remain just another club making up the numbers, and eventually we WILL get relegated.

I know that sometimes it's 'better the devil you know'. but I honestly believe we have seen enough of Lerner to know that he doesn't really care about our club anymore, and if someone comes in with money and a dream to restore our greatness, then that's good enough for me, bring it on!

• Like 2

I also now pick and choose games, preferably away games as the 'day out' is infinitely more pleasurable than the turgid football served up over the last few seasons. Interesting to read that many of the 'yes' camp seem to renew only because of some gaping void that may appear in their life, if they don't go ? Not knocking them, having been a STH, steward and Villa diehard for so long myself - think I've been kinda dumbed down now by the apathy from the people who run our club.

As I'm now in Oz no point but I had a season ticket for years prior and never once considered not renewing even though I knew that for most of the time the best we could hope for was a cup run.

This is different now as this club has the feel of defeat, of something gone bad and best avoided. I'm still proud to answer the question of who I support but the smirks and laughter of those who ask now grates. Don't get me wrong the plastic fans of the successful clubs have always done this but I used to believe we could always cause any team a problem but not now. Under Lerner we are no longer a force.

Those of you who are renewing I take my hat off to you as I don't think I would.

Its got nothing to do with money for me, or kick off times or the pies or the programmes.

the question I ask myself is : ....Does the owner, manager, CEO or the players have the slightest care about the standard of football on offer.

I ain't convinced they give a flying ****

Ps  right now i wouldn't have one as a gift.

If you honestly think they don't care then I think you're unwell. 

You should definitely only bother supporting a team when they're doing well. 

i know what you're saying but its not that simple, its justifying cost, and its getting harder, its also now very easy to get tickets because we dont sell out and there are usually deals on, and you dont have to put up with sky's bullshit, 1-4 vs stoke 4pm on a sunday afternoon, i needed that like i needed a 2nd asshole, sunday 4pm kick offs would be straight out for me if i didnt have a ST

It's a good job you don't support most of the other teams in the league if you're complaining about the cost - I understand the time issues though.

Despite the rubbish served up week in week out at Villa and forever going to the ground in hope rather than expectation I almost certainly will renew.

It will be the 12th season my son and I have been going and the eleventh as season ticket holders. It will probably be the last season he will have a ticket as (hopefully) he will be going away to Uni so that maybe when I will stop having one

At that time I have a choice I guess: go on my own as Billy No Mates keeping one seat, a mate says there is a spare seat next to him so I could move there (same Block) or carry on buying two tickets for when my son is at home and take my wife (a mad keen Chelsea fan  :rolleyes:) or a mate when he is away.

I did as soon as renewal was announced. I know we are rubbish but after being in Ireland for 10 years & hardly making any games I love going again. I have a blast in the pub before hand & would miss that TBH. Would be nice to win more than 5 games at home per season though .

Not for me, 10 season in a row as a ST holder and I am out. Mostly because the football is dire and partly because our group of ST holders has gone from 7 people, to 5, to 3, this season it's me with 2 friends sharing a ST and now it would be just me. The first 5-7 years it was the same faces all around me, everyone renewed and now it is totally different people.

Unless something drastic happens or Lambert leaves the club I wont be renewing. Also when we are as bad as we are when games are moved for TV it just makes it even worse, the least I hope for during these times is a decent atmosphere, Man City/Chelsea aside we haven't had that at all. Why pay all this money to watch dull football and depressing results when I can sit at home and watch it? Every single game of ours for March was on TV.

• Like 1

I've never had a season ticket before but I only moved to Birmingham last year. This is going to sound bad, but if the club were doing much better like in the MON days, I would consider spending £500-£600 on a season ticket as I only live 3 miles away and when I was a kid I always wanted one. But with the club in the mess they are in and no sign of improvement, I'd rather just pick and choose the games I go to. I've been to 3 this season, 2 home and 1 away, and I will probably increase that to about 5 for next season.

I didn't renew this year and next year is in no danger of being different. For near on £600 a year I have watched utter rubbish for the past 3/4 years. I'm now seeing what can only be described as a team of reserve standard players playing what looks like a poor pub team game.

I've watched Lambert freeze out decent players who he doesn't want to play, to bring in these young and hungry players who want to work hard...they just don't seem very hungry to learn from mistakes or even learn the basics...but that's ok, it's business...

For me, me not spending that £600 a year is a business decision, I no longer see it as a good investment of my time or money.

I'm also sick of the PR machine we have become, everything is about sponging as much money from the fans as possible...the squad numbers announced, that you have to go on the website for, to see all the adverts. While still ignoring the fact that this is the worst we have been for a long time.

For those of you who say "yes" without question, yet moan on this board, you're just as much a part of the problem as those who stay away, you're the ones making the club feel that they don't need to change as 'those mugs will renew whatever happens, so why bother?!' Just think, there's 10k or so not turning up, but there's 25k of you who follow blindly.

I can appreciate when people do renew for the banter and the social aspect, I'll be thrilled if my little one would want me to take her to games, those fans who's teenagers want to go with them as well must be doing something right to mean that their teenagers want to spend that tie with them.

Just please don't post your badge of honour here, trying to make other fans feel less of themselves, only to go and moan about everything wrong with the club in another topic.

(Not directed at everyone who has said yes...as I've said above, I can appreciate your reasons.)

• Like 2

Â