Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

so I am abit late to the party and avoided this thread until I have seen all of Thrones

my series 7 observations

Cercei is dumb as feck, why would you put your own agenda when you can see the dead will wipe you out. i mean if the dragon queen with all her army and dragons is asking for help yet she can wipe your army out easily why would you still plot against them?

The hound is one of my favourite characters hopefully he gets his revenge on the mountain

episode 6 was so far fetched, firstly how does the dragon queen get there so quickly? how does the walker king manage to spear a dragon so easily? Did snow not think he could get a dragon to join the dead? i said to my girlfriend that if she takes a dragon one will die and join the dead army. 

littlefingers death was very satisfying (not as much as Ramseys) but it was excellently executed. i did think he was somehow going to weasel his way out. i think he should ahve been be headed though

season 8 predictions

Sansa will remain queen of Winterfell, if Jon takes control of all kingdoms

I think Cercei will get killed within a few episodes next year by the dead king making her "the dead queen" this will make jamie join the snow/dany alliance and jamie will end up killing her before himself getting killed

sam will end up being jon snows hand as i think davos will get killed next year 

i also think there will be a blood bath next season a lot of charchters will get killed off. i am looking forward to the hound and arya reunion. that will be interesting to see.  

See, Cercei turning into the white walker queen crossed my mind at one point. But the only thing that ruins that is this notion of Bran controlling the white walker king... 

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You're right mate. That is so unrealistic. As if a white walker king could kill a dragon with a spear! :)

Smart arse alert :D

But how would he have bee able to hit that dragon so easily. it was  abit of  a farce. the Lannisters are more skilled fighters and they couldn't get close to the dragons so how would he have? we dont know how skilled a fighter the dead king is yet just that they have an insane army

21 minutes ago, Tayls said:

See, Cercei turning into the white walker queen crossed my mind at one point. But the only thing that ruins that is this notion of Bran controlling the white walker king... 

Yeah I have seen that theory about Braan but that would make little to no sense for me

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Smart arse alert :D

But how would he have bee able to hit that dragon so easily. it was  abit of  a farce. the Lannisters are more skilled fighters and they couldn't get close to the dragons so how would he have? we dont know how skilled a fighter the dead king is yet just that they have an insane army

Yeah I have seen that theory about Braan but that would make little to no sense for me

Because he is the dead king! Surely there is no limit to his power?

Also it shows that the humans underestimated his power too. They thought dragons would kick ass. But he f**ked that dragon up! Now the dragon is his bitch! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The hound is one of my favourite characters hopefully he gets his revenge on the mountain

1490041484695.jpg

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Each episode will be 2 hrs long for the final season 

It had better be filled with huge sections of walking between the various locations or I'll be fuming.  I'm thinking 10 mins of battle / 10 mins generic skirmishes or smaller duels / 10 mins of flirting, nudity and insest / 30 minutes of plotsplaining whilst looking at maps and a full hour of unproductive walking around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 06/03/2018 at 19:28, Demitri_C said:

I think Tormund Giantsbane is equally as impressive. Not too many with a story of the time they f***** a bear. His conversation with The Hound on their venture up North was hilarious.

On 06/03/2018 at 20:56, Vive_La_Villa said:

You're right mate. That is so unrealistic. As if a white walker king could kill a dragon with a spear! :)

I had no issue with the Night's King taking out the dragon with his spear. It's not as if it's a small target and you'd hope that someone who can conjure storms and an army of dead is also fit and coordinated enough to throw a pass like a quarterback.

What I didn't understand was how a bunch of dead who couldn't swim managed to secure chains to and hoist the dragon from the water.

I am also unsure as to whether the dragon that is now under the control of the Night's King is breathing fire or ice or what.

Say what you like about Cersei but the plot will find a way for her to impress with some unexpected display of wickedness.

Don't know what to expect. Maybe there's scope for both Targaryen and Lannister to put aside their differences and unite under a common cause. Perhaps "Let's Unite In Our Fight Against The King of The Night And Then For Our Right To Incestuous Delights" can be their motto.

I wonder if Arya is the warrior to take out The Mountain on behalf of The Hound?

Thoroughly enjoying it all and look forward to the next season.

• Like 1

It's weird how I've just totally checked out of this now.  It was the best thing on telly for a while but the last couple of seasons have been so bad (season 7 was just rotten) that I've even stopped worrying about how much time I've sunk into the show.  I strongly suspect S8 will just keep taking it in the direction of 6 and 7. 

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

It's weird how I've just totally checked out of this now.  It was the best thing on telly for a while but the last couple of seasons have been so bad (season 7 was just rotten) that I've even stopped worrying about how much time I've sunk into the show.  I strongly suspect S8 will just keep taking it in the direction of 6 and 7. 

What??? 6 and 7 was epic much better than 1 and 2 for me. The battle of the bastards was bloody epic

We are very different people then. GoT was at its best when it was full of smouldering political tension, the characters had believable motivations and nobody was safe from dying. It's since turned into Michael Bay with tits and dragons with a collection of immortal heroes and villains. 

• Like 4

i think its become a series of really good set pieces and moments but the stuff leading up to it has become a bit shit with a lot of rushed filler, before it had everything

FWIW i think it peaked with hardhome, been on the slide ever since

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

For me its really not that great of a show. Wont be ever listed in a Top 10 for me. Its watchable but also quite forgettable by the next episode but you can see a dip in quality. 

Think it was Season 5 or 6 that nothing happens in most of the season

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

We are very different people then. GoT was at its best when it was full of smouldering political tension, the characters had believable motivations and nobody was safe from dying. It's since turned into Michael Bay with tits and dragons with a collection of immortal heroes and villains. 

Don't mean to be a 'book clearing in the woods' but basically it was much better following the source material then.

i think there is a wider discussion as to what the series has actually done for TV, the money spent on it, the money it has made, the way its a truly global series, the quality of the production and visuals etc etc the success of this show is mental

its not as good as the sopranos but im close to saying its as important, it just feels to me at times to be the pinnacle of TV, not for writing or acting which the sopranos the wire mad men etc were but for scale and production, it does stuff that hollywood cant touch

Â