Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The Red Wedding remains the pinnacle of the show in my opinion.

No episode of any tv show ever has taken me so much by surprise and left me as shocked as that episode.

There are probably BETTER episodes of other shows, sure. But in terms of that pure emotion, that absolute feeling of "I cannot believe that has happened", that has never been topped imo. When you compare that to the episodes now it's not even close. There hasn't been a decent twist or surprise in GoT for years. I'd say the Dragon being turned is as close as they've got, but even that other people said they saw coming a mile off (I didn't but maybe I'm thick :) )

The only episode that has the shock factor even close to the red wedding was “mountain and the viper” and that was purely because they made it seem the viper won easily. 

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It wasn't a twist. People have been saying Brann would end up on the thrown for ages.

Also the ending to the Sopranos was absolutely brilliant.

i-see-what-5c39e1.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

i-see-what-5c39e1.jpg

You know, I wrote that, looked at it and thought "That doesn't look right", re-read it, and still left it like that.

Brain fart.

Or maybe I've been working in Wolverhampton for too long.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Bran knows evrrything why does he need a master of whisperers

He's seen the future, he knows the shitestorm Cadbury's kicked up when they took Wispas away.

black think about it GIF by Identity

On 21/05/2019 at 08:21, Stevo985 said:

The Red Wedding remains the pinnacle of the show in my opinion.

No episode of any tv show ever has taken me so much by surprise and left me as shocked as that episode.

HODOR!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Bran knows evrrything why does he need a master of whisperers

Why is Davos in charge of the Navy instead of Yara ?

Why is Bronn in charge of anything ?

Why is the orgasm master Pod relegated to NHS porter ?   ( "I had a top threesome last night your Grace" .....   "I know you did Pod, WINK")

Why were the North allowed to go full Wexit whilst the other chump Lords just sat there ?

Because they're all exactly where they're supposed to be, that's why.

The plot is dark and full of errors.

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Why is Davos in charge of the Navy instead of Yara ?

Why is Bronn in charge of anything ?

Why is the orgasm master Pod relegated to NHS porter ?   ( "I had a top threesome last night your Grace" .....   "I know you did Pod, WINK")

Why were the North allowed to go full Wexit whilst the other chump Lords just sat there ?

Because they're all exactly where they're supposed to be, that's why.

The plot is dark and full of errors.

It's very strange for the North to be allowed to go Independent, but a Stark to be on the throne.

Would be like appointing Sturgeon as prime minister just as Scotland gain their independence. 

I mean I know he's the three eyed raven now but still.

I'd love to know how much GRRM told the writers of the show. Like did he just say "Bran ends up as king" and that's it. And they've worked it out from there?
I think the end of the show being a disappointment has motivated me far more to get through the books. I'm convinced GRRM will do a far better job and it'll be miles different.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It's very strange for the North to be allowed to go Independent, but a Stark to be on the throne.

Would be like appointing Sturgeon as prime minister just as Scotland gain their independence. 

I wish their Slush Puppie and fur coat based economy good fortune in the trade wars to come.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's absolutely dumb, on the face of it, with no further exploration.

Considering how often some of the other regions have fought for independence, with Yara currently there silently, sat on her hands, I can only assume the writers had pencils up their nostrils and only ever speak the word "wibble".

It's so stupid, it's an absolute insult to the viewers.  If it was rubbish, but fairly consistent, I'd just have switched off and forgot all about it, but I'm genuinely angry that the showrunners have kept the rights to themselves, spurned HBO's offers of further seasons, and shit all over the legacy of Game of Thrones. I hope they fail at everything they do.

One of the best things on TV, one of the best contemporary fantasy series, and they turned it in to this piece of shit. What a pair of talentless words removed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

One of the best things on TV, one of the best contemporary fantasy series, and they turned it in to this piece of shit. What a pair of talentless words removed.

Well your second sentence is clearly disproved by your first.

They are clearly extremely competent at adapting literary material for the screen. As by doing so they created "one of the best things on TV"

They're just not particularly great at creating their own narrative if they don't have an existing structure to build around.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Well your second sentence is clearly disproved by your first.

They are clearly extremely competent at adapting literary material for the screen. As by doing so they created "one of the best things on TV"

They're just not particularly great at creating their own narrative if they don't have an existing structure to build around.

Blah, blah. **** them :P 

17 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Seriously though, you're probably right.

The question that'll go on, is whether your last line is correct, and they simply weren't up to the job of developing a show without a wealth of content already made for them, or whether they were in a rush to GTFO to make Star Wars. Based on their only previous project, the car crash that was Wolverine Origins, you may be right.

• Like 1

Â