Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The way I read Bran's powers is that he may have access to all the information but actually needs prompting to know where to look. 

I think this is a fair assumption. It goes some way to explaining the weird comments the first time he saw people too.

I thought it was a really good finale. 

Dialogue heavy but the season finales always are. Rarely much action. 

Sets the next season up nicely, just annoying we have to wait 2 fricking years!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chindie said:
  Hide contents

Odd finale.

It was better written than last week, mostly. But also felt a bit empty. I can't quite put my finger on it but it felt like a box ticking exercise without much enjoyment in it. What was there was good, if not to the standard we've been used to, but it also didn't have many surprises.

Littlefinger's end is a decent example. It was a bit perfunctory, it felt like a plot the writers just wanted to end. This is a character that has been involved in the entire show manipulating everything... And he gets played by the worst ploy ever and just gets killed. There's no reason that plot can't tick the same boxes but it should have had more weight and bite to it. It doesn't help the entire set up was dreadful, terrible writing and hopeless performances.

Still... We had good moments and it's slightly less stupid than what's come before it. Bit of a shame most of it's been telegraphed though. Was there a revelation here we've not seen coming for a while?

Next series will be an interesting watch. The show resolved lots of loose threads this series, leaving only a few plots to run... But with only 6 episodes to resolve them. Those episodes need to show a war against the Nights King, a resolution to the war between Dany and Cersei, the revelations about Jon need turn play out, and tie up the plots of at least a few major players, and fit in a shedload of spectacle. I suspect the rushed feeling isn't ending with this series.

Or...

The dead win. 

I thought was one of best episodes of season, some good political moves though little action. Some brilliant facial expressions from Jamie and Littlefinger. some nice final Littlefinger accent magic as well :)

Euron is like an +18 Jack Sparrow

• Like 1

cant be only person thinks should do a backstory episode on Night King. Whats he been doing all these years and why took him so long or what his motivation is

He will look cool on Iron Throne though 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Or...

The dead win. 

I made no suggestion of who wins in those 6 episodes :) Either outcome still requires a lot to be stuffed into 6 episodes and still deliver spectacle and closure on various plots still running.

10 hours ago, Tayls said:

I really don't get why some people are suggesting Bran is the Night King.... makes no sense whatsoever. 

They seem to be two sides of the same coin. 

The only explanation for the 'Beyond the Wall' episode that makes any sense to me was that the Night King has been planning the event for a while, using his powers to foresee (or even pull the strings) in order to get the dragon he needed for the next stage. 

In that explanation I think Bran is the only thing powerful enough to disrupt his progam. 

49 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The only explanation for the 'Beyond the Wall' episode that makes any sense to me was that the Night King has been planning the event for a while, using his powers to foresee (or even pull the strings) in order to get the dragon he needed for the next stage. 

In that explanation I think Bran is the only thing powerful enough to disrupt his progam. 

On the first point, I agree. It's what I've been telling myself the whole time as it was the only logical explanation for the lack of an attack on the wall, and the apparent slowness of the army of the dead - although I would accept any criticism of applying logic to recent series of the show!

On the second point, there is one other - The Lord of Light. I've mentioned before how He interests me most in regards to the shows mythos, well, not just Him but the role of religion and 'magic' in general. We know for certain that Melisandre will return at some point to Westeros in the final series, possibly with weilding magic the likes of which we have yet to see as some sort of deus ex machina. Logic suggests (I know!) that the Dead will arrive at Winterfell early in the final series and I would assume without the expected southern forces they will be pretty much walked over, even with two Dragons. So, perhaps Melisandre shows up and gives the top tier guys chance to get away. Or something. So yeah, what I'm getting at is that either LoL and/or Melisandre could still mess up his plans severely.

Edited by hogso

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

I made no suggestion of who wins in those 6 episodes :) Either outcome still requires a lot to be stuffed into 6 episodes and still deliver spectacle and closure on various plots still running.

Yeah but if the dead kill everyone then that gives closure to most of the other plots :D

The Lord of Light convinced his followers to be in exactly the right place, at the right time to allow the Night King to capture a dragon. Also seems to have a thing for blood sacrifice. I'm not so sure that the lord of light is on the side of the living. 

I predict that by Series 8 Episode 5 the Knight King will end up on the throne, and we'll have a short period of panic when people die all over the place and it looks like the end is nigh(t king).... But then someone will give him an arrow to the knee and all of his followers will disappear in a puff of smoke, which will be as anticlimactic an ending as many people are predicting.

Â