Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I checked my media server earlier and I can confirm it has indeed leaked :D 

Excellent!

I'm home from work with a muscle strain in my back, and I'm bored out of my mind.

That's the next hour sorted!

• Like 1

The article I read about the HBO Spain leak was that they 'accidently aired the first hour', or words to that affect. The episode is 70+ minutes long, so does that mean the last 10 mins will be missing?

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'd argue the WW aren't heading in a straight line to the wall. They'll be scouring the north 'recruiting' as many freefolk (by murdering and raising them) as they can so as to strengthen their army. Yes, it's not accounting for all the travelling they're doing south of the wall, but I don't think it's as simple as WWs heading from A to B like on that map.

Plus, he's probably biding his time waiting to strike...

COUGH

Hide contents

Dany to head north with a dragon so he can kill it and have it as a mount to take down the wall

COUGH

Spoiler

id seen something on reddit claiming that the opening sequence has changed, when they show the wall in this series (think they even show eastwatch) there is a patch of sea around the wall that is now frozen over suggesting that they're biding their time waiting for it to be frozen enough to walk on and go round the wall

• Like 1

Spoiler

Bit strange the ice being that fragile considering it's permanent winter and a small lake.

Permafrost you'd expect it to be frozen to the bottom and not brittle like salt water above a moving current in spring.

Then again, dragons, fiery swords, 3 eyed raven boys and teleportation fleets, 5G Raven messages...

Really enjoyed the back and forth dialog between the arctic adventure guys thou, fun stuff! The whole venture did feel a bit like one of those Star Trek episodes where you really don't want to be one of those guys in the red uniforms.

Shame the dead brought Jan Zelezny with them. But I'll say this, the good people of Westeros sure can hold their breath long under water.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Kudos to whoever mentioned the Ice Dragon plot previously in the thread :clap:

But I do wonder where they found those massive chains out in the middle of freezing nowhere.

Contains episode 07/06 spoilers so read at own risk.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

I just started trying to watch it and the quality is shit! Looks like someone has filmed it off their TV. Not sure why anyone would want to watch it in such bad quality rather than just wait a few days. I'll be steering clear of this thread until Monday as well I think. 

1 hour ago, JB said:

I just started trying to watch it and the quality is shit! Looks like someone has filmed it off their TV. Not sure why anyone would want to watch it in such bad quality rather than just wait a few days. I'll be steering clear of this thread until Monday as well I think. 

I started watching it in HD...

heh that's the problem with leaked stuff, you have to wait longer for the next episode.

I used to get screener dvd's of all the showtime programmes years ago which meant you could usually watch the first 4-6 episodes around the time it was due to start airing. Always gave in and watched them but then had to wait a month or two to see the next episode :( 

I loved the episode but I can't help but feel a little disappointed at how rushed everything is. It's bordering on the ridiculous now, with Tyrion going to Kings Landing and back, and entirety of this episode. It has all become too predictable and has lost a little bit of it's spark which made the show so good in the first place.

I didn't see the Benjen part coming though, which again was a little silly IMO. I thought Rhaegal was going to save Jon and fly him to safety!

• Like 1

The spoilers I put a few pages back for episode 6 were all spot on so no reason to believe that what I read for episode 7 won't be as well

didnt really detract from it, most of the episode was still cool as ****

wont put episode 7 spoilers out there apart from this no name hint at one

Spoiler

There's a major character death that I think will disappoint people 

Spoiler

Episode 6...

It was an alright episode, but alright by season 7 standards not by the standards set by previous seasons.

I think my main issue and it'll be an issue all the way until the finale of the entire show in 7 episodes time is that the fast travel is insane. I refuse to believe that the human cast can travel thousands of miles by boat and by horse in seemingly days, but the White Walkers can't march 100 miles in the same time or less? I get it they are walking, but they started this march some seasons back. Jon Snow has travelled more in a handful of episodes than the White Walkers have travelled in a season and a half, it's absurd and it's hurting the show the pace just isn't realistic anymore. This was highlighted no more clearly than the Ravens in episode 6. Am I to believe that Ravens flew some 2000+ miles in a night? What speed are they travelling at? Mach 1? The pacing is absurd and it will be an issue that I likely have in every episode from here on out. 

Overall though this episode was fun. I enjoyed the talks that the crew North of the Wall had while stealing a Wight, but once they snagged one and carted it away this portion of the tale kinda started to come undone. Why was the ice thin in a place that has been in perpetual Winter for aeons? A Winter so cold that the humans South of the Wall fear it impending approach. That said the fight that eventually ensued after Sandor Clegane goofed by throwing that rock was great and it worked well to build tension while waiting for the inevitable Dany save.

It was the Dany save though that had the biggest "oh shit!" moment of the episode. Her save was pretty standard she flew at Mach 5 to get to Jon Snow within like 5 minutes of getting the message from the Ravens that fly at Mach 1 which is pretty standard stuff, but what I didn't see coming was the White Walkers **** up a Dragon. I mean in theory it makes sense as the White Walkers have been around since the dawn of Man in Westeros they have likely dealt with Dragons before, but the ease that Viserion was taken down by a precise spear throw was intense and something I didn't see coming. Of course after that the White Walkers summoned in some large chains somehow, got Viserion out of the water and made their very own Blue-Eyes White Dragon which is really going to make this war interesting going forward.

Ultimately the episode did what it needed to, but lingering issues are still present such as the fast travel they are doing to make this show work to a limited time budget. Alas it's still entertaining to watch even if this season hasn't been close to as well written, or as well executed as seasons prior. 

• Like 1

Â