Norwich sack Hughton

Avfc96

Lerner would not take a gamble with a manger from outside the UK. I genuinely think that if we were to sack our manager Lerner's replacement would be a worse manager.

We all know OGS was his first choice so that is not true.

No, he had the required 'Premier League Experience'.

To get things back on topic I think Norwich will now do worse than under Hughton in their last 5 games.

Hughton was defensive and unexciting but he could grind out results at home even against the top teams and they only need a few more points for safety.

If they start getting soundly beaten at home under the new guy then this sacking will look foolish.

Lerner would not take a gamble with a manger from outside the UK. I genuinely think that if we were to sack our manager Lerner's replacement would be a worse manager.

Why let the truth get in the way of another rant??

Lerner interviewed OGS as well as others but as far as it was reported he was never offered the job.

But hey ho - crack on

Onto Hughton - nice guy but not the most inspiring manager. His sacking smacks of desperation by the Norwich board. They've been down the bottom end for the majority of the season and it's not as if they didn't know they've got the run-in from hell.... Should've pushed him earlier, this will only act as an incentive for the likes of Fulham, Sunderland and Cardiff who will expect Norwich to lose every match now and try and catch them.

Edited by theboyangel

After the game against fulham I wanted Lambert gone. Yesterday I'd calmed down a bit and wasn't sure. The news of norwich sacking Hughton made me realise that I hope we won't join this manager sacking trend that is going around in the clubs these days. It's sickening. There will never be stability in clubs that keep sacking the managers over and over. It will just cause unrest. How many clubs have got the wished effect after sacking their managers this season? I don't think any of them have.

How many clubs have got the wished effect after sacking their managers this season? I don't think any of them have.

Crystal Palace

No, he had the required 'Premier League Experience'.

So Lerner would never employ a manager from outside the UK...

... apart from when he employed Houllier, wanted to employ Martinez (both non UK but Premier League experience), and was considering OGS (No premier league experience)

Lerner interviewed OGS as well as others but as far as it was reported he was never offered the job.

But hey ho - crack on

The 'gagging' request that I received from the club at the time suggested that OGS was the first choice.

Only 'suggested', mind.

absolute shit manager who was too negative. Doesn't play Hoolahan his best attacker. signed 2 crap strikers in the summer and an over the hill Elmander/ doesn't seem to trust the guy Redmond much either

How many clubs have got the wished effect after sacking their managers this season? I don't think any of them have.

Crystal Palace

He resigned IIRC. Poyet has done OK though, they'd have been relegated by Feb with Di Canio in charge.

But hey ho - crack on

It was hardly a rant was it? It was actually a rare defence of Lerner.

After the game against fulham I wanted Lambert gone. Yesterday I'd calmed down a bit and wasn't sure. The news of norwich sacking Hughton made me realise that I hope we won't join this manager sacking trend that is going around in the clubs these days. It's sickening. There will never be stability in clubs that keep sacking the managers over and over. It will just cause unrest. How many clubs have got the wished effect after sacking their managers this season? I don't think any of them have.

I agree lambert should get time, but Hughton has done a worse job than lambert despite starting with a better squad and have more money to spend on transfers and wages. With their spend, there's no way they should go down. He's done a poor job, why should they stick with him just for stability?

Yes they did in fairness but looking like the fight for 4th will go to the last day so Arsenal being motivated enough, I don't really see Norwich having a chance.

It was just in response to I imagine posters predicting our relegation and not even bothering to look at other teams fixtures lists and probably thinking Norwich had Newcastle or West Ham left to play at home or something.

Believe me if we had Norwich's run in no one on here would be predicting us to get another point, plenty aren't now!

• Like 1

Â