Norwich sack Hughton

Avfc96

What manager, in their right mind, is going to take that job with their current position as it is?

Stupid time to sack somebody, as others have said they should have done it a while back, its always seemed like 'when' he will go rather than 'if'.

Their under 18s manager has been appointed caretaker, incredible.

i think they've left it this late on purpose, the theory being that the team gets the new man boost vs fulham (even if that new man is the youth coach) beat fulham and they're safe IMO

should have sacked him months a go

i think they've left it this late on purpose, the theory being that the team gets the new man boost vs fulham (even if that new man is the youth coach) beat fulham and they're safe IMO

You say it like its a definite that they'll get such a boost. Fulham will be in high spirits after beating us, they'll go to Norwich looking for nothing less than 3 points.

Go on Paul, time for you to go home. 

Yes, it would be churlish of us to stand in the way of Lambert's return to the club that suits him best.  We'll all miss him, but sometimes you have to be the bigger man.

• Like 1

You say it like its a definite that they'll get such a boost. Fulham will be in high spirits after beating us, they'll go to Norwich looking for nothing less than 3 points.

They won't even need to go to Norwich. The match is at Craven Cottage and I fully expect Fulham to win. Saying that I also expect Norwich to grind out a 1-0 win in one of their remaining games.

The last 4 years has made me so pessimistic. :-(

They're hoping for a brief boost that gets them 4-6 points and keeps them safe.

Anyway it was coming. They spent good money and failed to improve, in fact they've got steadily worse since Lambert left.

Hopefully they bring in some inept fool and go down.

Sherwood will be looking for a job soon...

Although it's very late to be changing manager Norwich are in a no lose situation in terms of the media's opinion of the decision. If they stay up it will be viewed as the right thing to do, and if they go down it will be because they have lost the games most people expect them tk lose anyway.

Saying that, you only have to look at the Kevin Macdonald "era" of a few games to see how risky appointing a successful youth coach/manager can be.

LOL, what a moronic club. Sacking the manager with 5 matches to go just really show how big the idiots at Norwich are.

Why? Their form is awful and they are losing to clubs around them. I wouldn't have trusted Hughton to beat a rejuvenate Fulham either.

• Like 1

Â