David Luiz

VillaChris

• 2 months later...

as said earlier, good footballer crap defender. Benitez got ebst out of him by putting him in front of defence so cant do much damage.

For Khedira goal he was on half way line when he put it away

The good news is that if you put him next to the best CB in the world and play a DM deep in midfield specifically to drop back and do the defensive job Luiz is meant to be doing, you can compensate for the big hole he leaves in the back line a lot of the time.

As a player who makes powerful runs from deep, I get the appeal. Just a pity about all that pesky defending stuff.

People talk about his ability on the ball and while it's becoming part of a modern day centre back, it's not really necessarily. His tackling, discipline and positional sense are horrific. Problem for him is you need a few of those attributes as a DM too. I think he'll always be an erratic player, it's just who he is.

He's a loose cannon. That wild kick he had at Muller last night was indicative of a nutcase. Never liked him, but his feigning injury at Old Trafford that time sealed it for me. Knob.

I lost count of the times I noticed he was completely out of position, several times he ended up on the wing when Germany had the ball. He has no discipline which is presumably what made Mourinho get rid. That and the £50m that PSG hilariously offered.

I wonder what the minimum Chelsea would have sold him for is though.  They had invested a lot of money in the bloke, he was £21.5m + Matic when Chelsea signed him, then they bought Matic back for £21m a couple of years later.  I'm sure there is some kind of warped accountancy which shows Luiz is responsible for some £42m of Chelsea's money so maybe they were never going to accept anything other than an insane offer. 

I wonder what the minimum Chelsea would have sold him for is though.  They had invested a lot of money in the bloke, he was £21.5m + Matic when Chelsea signed him, then they bought Matic back for £21m a couple of years later.  I'm sure there is some kind of warped accountancy which shows Luiz is responsible for some £42m of Chelsea's money so maybe they were never going to accept anything other than an insane offer. 

You're probably right but it's still unbelievable that PSG offered it. If I had £50m to spend, I certainly wouldn't be spending it all on Luiz. I bet Chelsea couldn't believe their luck when the offer was tabled. 

I felt sorry for him last night. Left exposed by a manager completely out of his depth. 

a manager that has won the World Cup before and has think 3 Copa Liberatadores. dinosaur tactician yes but not out of his depth

Â