David Luiz

VillaChris

It is, Mourinho has been at war with Casillas and Ramos for before last season. from euro 2012

Ahead of Euro 2012, rumours had been rife over strained relationships in the Spain camp due to the rivalry between Real Madrid and Barcelona, and at one stage Vicente del Bosque openly acknowledged that there were issues between Gerard Pique and Sergio Ramos.

Xavi's father has now revealed that the problems in the national camp were serious, and that Spain were able to successfully defend their European Championship crown was down to the diplomatic efforts of Casillas and Xavi.

Mourinho had said in March that he had "no problems" with Casillas as speculation of a fall-out raged, but Joaquin Hernandez told COM Radio: "Iker had many problems with Mourinho because Xavi and Iker didn't want to end their friendship. The problems came to light and everyone knows about it.

"Had it not been for Iker Casillas, Xavi and Del Bosque, the national team would never have achieved what they have. It has been very complicated at times because of the Clasicos.

"Friendships between players were about to end. There were rows. There were issues with Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos and how they behaved towards their team-mates. The behaviour of some players was inappropriate. Luckily, Iker and Xavi intervened."

Edited by Zatman

And that is an excuse for them organising a player revolt how? It's called being a professional and Casillas certainly wasn't last season thus why many Real Madrid fans don't like him.

That would be a problem between me and him. I wouldn't involve everybody else and harm the club's season just because of this. Inexcusable for any player, let alone from the club captain.

I fail to see how the manager gets the blame for players challenging his authority myself. Did you blame Houllier when Dunne and Collins acted like complete words-removed also?

Mourinho is a psycho competitor though, he wouldn't sabotage his teams chances. Casillas was poor for them that fall, mourinho dropped him, and casillas tried to undermine him for the rest of the time.

Clearly, mourinho did it for footballing reasons, as ancelotti has persisted with Lopez.

• Like 1

Mourinho fell out with Ramos as well his best defender. MOurinho didn't like the fact he was at a team where most of the players had as much success and bigger egos as him.

though it didn't help he had the most expensive team in Europe playing like Stoke when they played barcelona

Edited by Zatman

So he successfully managed star-studded Chelsea and Inter teams and you are accusing him of not being able to deal with egos?

they weren't star studded when he took over. Chelsea hadn't won a league in 50 years and he got rid of Veron and Crespo in his 1st season at Chelsea then at Inter they done **** all in Europe and then shipped out Ibra for Milito as his main striker

So he successfully managed star-studded Chelsea and Inter teams and you are accusing him of not being able to deal with egos?

they weren't star studded when he took over. Chelsea hadn't won a league in 50 years and he got rid of Veron and Crespo in his 1st season at Chelsea then at Inter they done **** all in Europe and then shipped out Ibra for Milito as his main striker

Success and star-studded are two different things but it seems like you made your mind up that Mourinho is solely at fault so we'll leave it there.

ive no problem with Mourinho I just think he has some limitations and not everytime he makes a change and it works makes him a genius. e.g. him throwing strikers on the other night and playing long ball vs PSG was what any manager would do. Mick McCarthy wasn't a genius every time he threw Niall Quinn on when Ireland needed a goal

Mourinho won the league with Real Madrid and kept a 72% win percentage in his time there. Not beating Barcelona each season is impossible, they were possibly the best team in history in that era. He has also lost two home games in his entire career as a manager. I think he knows how to build a team, and I think he is entitled to put whomever he wants on the bench.

• Like 1

they weren't star studded when he took over. Chelsea hadn't won a league in 50 years and he got rid of Veron and Crespo in his 1st season at Chelsea then at Inter they done **** all in Europe and then shipped out Ibra for Milito as his main striker

They were both star studded. Also, he has successfully managed Eto'o a couple times, and Eto'o has even organized and took part in player rebellions a couple times. He can deal with egos.

Mourinho won the league with Real Madrid and kept a 72% win percentage in his time there. Not beating Barcelona each season is impossible, they were possibly the best team in history in that era. He has also lost two home games in his entire career as a manager. I think he knows how to build a team, and I think he is entitled to put whomever he wants on the bench.

It was also "negative" Mourinho's team who hold the record for highest scorers in a La Liga season, not Pep's Barça.

ive no problem with Mourinho I just think he has some limitations and not everytime he makes a change and it works makes him a genius. e.g. him throwing strikers on the other night and playing long ball vs PSG was what any manager would do. Mick McCarthy wasn't a genius every time he threw Niall Quinn on when Ireland needed a goal

Everyone has limitations though.

As for his mental home run, he's currently 45 games unbeaten (40 wins, 5 draws). I wonder how long he can keep it going this time.

Â