David Luiz

VillaChris

Yeah I can't see how messi isn't likable. He's literally the only footballer I can think of that is totally immune to diving. He plays through contact just naturally, unless it's actually enough to bring him down, which is how the game was meant to be played originally, and how any pickup game functions. He doesn't "intelligently go down", which is really a way of lying about how much you've been contacted, or go down even if a goalkeeper injures his knee and clearly makes enough contact to cause a penalty, like last year against benfica.

It's a joy to watch because of that, and honestly, if every player played that way, the officiating would be better, because refs would actually give fouls off the amount of contact and the force, not the opponents artificial reaction to contact. (Currently, if you don't go down, you pretty much won't get a foul, and this has helped cause the diving culture)

But yeah, simply because of how he plays with the idea of scoring or passing, not taking advantage of the rules to win infringements, makes messi incredibly likable to me. Especially considering how he's on a team of divers, to not do it at all is amazing.

• Like 1

Also, id have to add Diego Lopez to the list of likable players, along with illarimendi, di Maria, possibly carvajal (can't think of anything he's done wrong) and maybe fabregas for Barcelona. Real honestly don't have that hateable of a squad in my opinion, but the irritating ones like marcelo and pepe are extremely unlikable.

Xavi surely should be in that list aswell as Alba.

Xavi is the saddest loser in football, his comments after teams stifle Barcelona are shameful and embarrassing, even his comments about Valladlid pitch last week were childish

as for Alba he is a dirty diving bastard

What's wrong with Messi?  :huh:

And Xavi and Iniesta advertise Ice Cream and everyone loves Ice Cream, surely?!

Zatman doesn't like Messi. 

Don't think we ever really found out why.

Xavi surely should be in that list aswell as Alba.

Alba is one of the worst divers in football, I think he's possibly the Barca player I hate the most. Though not his fault, I get annoyed by the hype he gets from the "FIFA generation" because he's good going forward, despite the fact a blind-Bennett is a better defender.

Whats wrong with Bale and Alonso? Also what did Casillas do last season?

I think there is a sentiment that Iker believes he is bigger than the club and that he is one of a small group of players (Raul was another, just ask Michael Owen) who are prepared to undermine the managers authority.  He got injured last season so Mourinho signed Diego Lopez in the January transfer window and Lopez has played so well that he has kept his place in the starting XI. Casillas seemed to take this very badly when he returned to fitness because he expected he would walk straight back into the team and when he didn't there was a lot of drama in the press.  Interestingly Casillas hasn't played in La Liga at all this season, though he plays in the cup, the Champions League and is still first choice for Spain. 

the power thing is a load of bollocks though. Perez never gave the players any power or even a word as he would never have got rid of Del Bosque. Hierro or Makelele and even Guti. Perez preferred his galacticos than home grown players

Casillas was basically the instigator of the player rebellion against Mourinho and was is widely suspected of leaking a lot of information to his mates in the press who in-turn, continue to push his claim to start even though Lopez has done little wrong. Mourinho's infamous quote is quite telling:

"Would I do anything differently if I had the chance to do the past three years over again? I should have brought in Diego Lopez after my first year. We didn't do enough to sign him. It's a real shame,"

Casillas was basically the instigator of the player rebellion against Mourinho and was is widely suspected of leaking a lot of information to his mates in the press who in-turn, continue to push his claim to start even though Lopez has done little wrong. Mourinho's infamous quote is quite telling:

"Would I do anything differently if I had the chance to do the past three years over again? I should have brought in Diego Lopez after my first year. We didn't do enough to sign him. It's a real shame,"

a rebellion Mourinho instigated by trying to turn the Spanish Real Madrid players on the Spanish Barcelona players after the 5-0 ;) He got pissed off at Casillas because he called Xavi and Puyol and organised a truce

Edited by Zatman

Â