Leicester City

Villan4Life

Have to say that whilst I'm naturally envious of their achievements, I genuinely like Claudio Ranieri. Always conducts himself well and has got them playing some genuinely fantastic football at times. 

I'm sure he's playing the press with a Columbo-style act, where he comes across as this nice, comical character that let's others think they're the smartest people in the room. I'd be chuffed if he saw the job through to the finish.  

• Like 2

Be interesting to see if any of the unheraled players get international recognition if they win the league. Could be a bit like when we won it in 82 and hardly any of our players went to the world cup.

Albrighton for England? Will Huth get even a sniff of a German call up? Unlikely but if Mertasacker can get 80 odd caps.....Is Kante French? Going to be difficult for him to break in when France are so stocked up in central midfield.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Be interesting to see if any of the unheraled players get international recognition if they win the league. Could be a bit like when we won it in 82 and hardly any of our players went to the world cup.

Albrighton for England? Will Huth get even a sniff of a German call up? Unlikely but if Mertasacker can get 80 odd caps.....Is Kante French? Going to be difficult for him to break in when France are so stocked up in central midfield.

It was a bit of a closed shop in those days

Albrighton and Huth will never be called up. 

Kante is French but of Malian ancestry, and the Malian FA have approached him twice to represent the country. The first time he refused, saying he wasn't ready for international football, I don't know what has happened the second time. Apparently in the past he had promised to represent Mali, but maybe he'll decide to go for the bigger prize and harder challenge in France. 

oh yeah I know but I still think its difficult to get in ;) they have a lot of good options in midfield and all quite young as well. Only Cabaye and maybe Valbuena will not be around for World Cup

• Like 1

Maybe just me but I would like Vardy to get a double leg break, Mahrez to rupture his cruciate and Huth to get a 6 game ban for violent conduct and on hearing all that Linekre eats a dodgy bag of walkers and gets severe food poisoning.

• Like 1

Think Richard lives in Leicester terriority....

I used to despise them in the 90s when MON was there as we could never blooming beat them!

Our record back then against them was as bad as it is v Man. United now. Every season if it wasn't Steve Claridge shining one in or Matt Elliot turning into Van Nistelrooy every time he played us, it would be Heskey falling over a keeper or getting Southgate sent off...couldn't stand them.

Again with relegation and being out of sight you kind of forget them and be indifferent. They have spent 10 of the last 12 seasons out of the Premier league.

One thing I will say about the weekends televised games is that Leicester were exciting to watch whereas the other games were boring me to death.  Give me the get it forward and attack in numbers strategy to the pass pass pass go back pass pass that the rest play.  I know it's not sustainable but I hope they do it this season as it will give every club hope that they can achieve the impossible too!

• Like 1

Well I for one thought they would be falling away by now. fair play to them, they have proven me wrong so far. Looking at their fixtures, if they can come through the Arsenal game unscathed then they are looking good to upset the odds and I hope they do.

I won't be upset if they win the title, I have spent too many years complaining that the same teams will win the various competitions each year, to start complaining now would be hypocritical. I would much rather Leicester break the monopoly though, than say Tottenham....that would be unbearable!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I reckon they will still finish 4th. i think Spurs are going to win the title

I disagree, I think they will win it. They have a nice run in

Â