Leicester City

Villan4Life

This makes me even more upset about the state of our club. As much as it's good to see the status quo rattled, I can't help but wish it wasn't happening in the year when we lose our Premier League status. Seeing Leicester doing so well on a relatively small budget just highlights how poorly run Villa have been since Randy came. :(

Edited by One For The Road

Unlike the other three teams Leicester have only the Premier League to concentrate on. They have a two week break after the Arsenal game and then play Norwich H, West Brom H, Watford A, Newcastle H and Palace A. They have a great chance of winning it! 

Edited by PaulC

9 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Man City were utter garbage today. Take nothing away from Leicester. They've come alive at exactly the right time.

Hopefully when their teams gets torn apart in the Summer they can reinvest the morning well.

if they win the league why would anyone want to leave? they will definitely get top four and even then why would anyone want to leave.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

if they win the league why would anyone want to leave? they will definitely get top four and even then why would anyone want to leave.

Money? 

If Leicester win the league or get top 4 its not going to be a regular occurrence. Give any of those players the chance to go to bigger teams and they'll all want out.

Not sure they have many players that 'big clubs' will want. Vardy has just signed a contract and Mahrez could just be a one season wonder, I'd imagine the likes of City, United and Chelsea will be really going for it in the summer transfer wise and will have bigger and better players on their radar. The league really seems to lack quality this year, if it had been a normal season then Leicester would be having a season where they're outsiders challenging top four, like Southampton recently and Everton under Moyes. Actually it's a pity there wasn't one of these types of season when we hand O'Neill in charge and we were spending money.

Id say they will be fine for next season as they would be nuts to leave 1st team football in a champions league season (none are good enough to walk into a mega money outfit IMO). 

The summer will be vital for them though as Id wager there will be an exodous the year after though.

They might lose a few players to the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham and maybe one of the top clubs will take a chance on Mahrez. I actually think Southampton had the better and more promising individual players overall.

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Money? 

If Leicester win the league or get top 4 its not going to be a regular occurrence. Give any of those players the chance to go to bigger teams and they'll all want out.

Vardy has just signed a new contract. They will want some of that champions league football next season so why would they leave?

36 minutes ago, useless said:

Leicester wont' walk the league or even win it. If Arsenal win today I'd make them favorites.

Arsenal will still be 5 pts behind with some very tough fixtures to come. I wouldn't guarantee they will beat Bournemouth either.

Just now, PaulC said:

Vardy has just signed a new contract. They will want some of that champions league football next season so why would they leave?

Signing a new contract means nothing.

I honestly don't see them staying if another team who are in the Champions League come in for them.

• Like 1

Â