Leicester City

Villan4Life

Fantastic achievement. Looking at where they were a year ago and I can't explain it at all. They could very well win the league after almost being relegated. I really have no idea what they've done to be honest.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I'm pretty sure we  came up under Taylor and finished 2nd in our first season back.

Different times back then so can't really compare but we finished 17th in Taylor's first season back in the top division, 2nd the season after.

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Well, I guess Leicester CAN legitimately chase the title. Damn, I wish we had put down a couple fivers, @BOF!

To be fair, saying people lost their heads in September by saying Leicester can't win the title is a bit stupid.

Will put my hands up on the 2nd part though.

There's still a long way to go yet, and five points is nothing at the top of the table. They're not even garanteed Champions league football, if United go on a run then that could be in danger.

5 hours ago, useless said:

I'm pretty sure we  came up under Taylor and finished 2nd in our first season back.

No we didn't. We were 4th from bottom and stayed up by 1 point

5000-1 pre season to win the title according to there today , when I build my time machine I know where im going first ... Each way of course as I haven't invented it yet and don't know if they win it or not 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I remember years back their used to be punters who'd put a quid on every team winning the league...I wonder if anyone still does that....

Probably.  I'll bet there will be a few Leicester fans who had a cheeky fiver on Leicester for the title at the start of the season too.   I'd absolutely love to see them do it, in a world where we bemoan miracles don't happen any more, that you need £250m just to stand a chance of finishing in the top four then a bunch of journeymen and unknowns going on and winning the bloody thing will probably be the most incredible thing I've seen in football since I started following the game in the mid 80s. 

The crazy thing is that I'd probably make them favourites at the moment.  No distractions in Europe or the cups, absolutely oozing confidence in the league I think they'd fancy their chances against anybody.  They've got a real difficult one away at Arsenal next but after that they play Norwich, West Brom, Watford, Newcastle & Palace. You'd think they would get 10+ points from that run of fixtures.  April and May's fixtures aren't bad either. 

• Like 3

Â