Leicester City

Villan4Life

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester are the only thing that are keeping me interested in football at the moment. I've numbed myself to Villa results because they are completely inconsequential now and I don't care enough about any of the players to cheer them on.

As absolutely grim as football has become, especially as a Villa supporter, Leicester nicking a Premier League title in the modern football landscape would be the most wonderful thing to happen to football as a professional sport in living memory.

God I hope Man U do the job today.

• Like 1

I think that's it on their title hopes. They just gave Spurs the control. It's not on Spurs to lose the title. Leicester are basically guarantee champs league though which is still a great achievement. Even if they lose nearly all their remaining matches, they're probably still top 4.

I don't think Spurs will win their next two. If they do fair play and they're the favourites to win the league. Even so they still have to go to Liverpool, Chelsea and Stoke, not easy away games at all.

Leicester still have the best run in, let's see what the response is at Watford. 

You can't say thats it after one game which they didn't win. They had many chances tonight. They hit the bar twice but it just didn't go their way. I think West Ham may beat Tottenham. I wouldn't write off city. I still make Arsenal favs despite their defeat at Man U. 

It does remind me of I think 92/93 for Villa under Atkinson when we were top at this stage and we had a game midweek against Spurs i think, in which we hammered them but couldn't score.

Edited by PaulC

Yes but it may not be such a bad thing if Spurs do go top. There's still 10 games to go and the pressure will move from Leicester onto Spurs. Lets face the only side with any experience of winning this thing, thats still in with a chance are Man City. They know what it takes, Spurs don't, they haven't won the title since 1961.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes but it may not be such a bad thing if Spurs do go top. There's still 10 games to go and the pressure will move from Leicester onto Spurs. Lets face the only side with any experience of winning this thing, thats still in with a chance are Man City. They know what it takes, Spurs don't, they haven't won the title since 1961.

I don't think there is any pressure on Leicester... really...

21 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I think that's it on their title hopes. They just gave Spurs the control. It's not on Spurs to lose the title. Leicester are basically guarantee champs league though which is still a great achievement. Even if they lose nearly all their remaining matches, they're probably still top 4.

Man. City and Spurs both losing....Arsenal drawing. ;)

Â