Leicester City

Villan4Life

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Some cosmic justice that Albrighton's post-Villa career has been really successful and Lambert's has been a complete disaster.

Shame we lost him though.

It is also great that his treatment by the club has not dampened his love of the club. Proper Villa man

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting how they've stayed more than competitive in last 4 years despite losing all of Kanrte, Mahrez and Maguire (and errr Drinkwater). Came very close to losing vardy aswell and he'd have been their biggest loss imo.

Compare that to us losing Downing, Young and Milner within two year period and dropping 10 places down the league in two seasons. Or summer 2015.

They're a very well run club with a clear strategy especially for key decisions. Brendan Rodgers was still Celtic Manager of course when they decided to go and get him.

As much as our owners and Purslow have been brilliant so far I suspect there's a big decision or two coming our way in next two years e.g. will there be a point when we decide DS has taken us as far as he can. Or Grealish waking up one morning and deciding he's done all he can here.

Leicester have shown you just don't give up on being a top 6 club if stuff like that happens so we need to study that.

they have made tough decisions at the right time. Getting rid of  Pearson after he kept them up, getting rid of Ranieri the season after they won the league, then getting rid of Puel and bringing in Rodgers. We cant fall into the trap of being grateful for what the manager has done for us. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

they have made tough decisions at the right time. Getting rid of  Pearson after he kept them up, getting rid of Ranieri the season after they won the league, then getting rid of Puel and bringing in Rodgers. We cant fall into the trap of being grateful for what the manager has done for us. 

Yep agree. Happy with Dean for how we've looked this season but pressure will start to build from this point as you'd expect another 100m + spend this summer on hopefully 2-3 key players.

Already seeing posters who'd be o.k with 11th-12th next season but I really don't see it. In that situation as you say the Leicester decision making has been spot on. A six month dip after they won the league and they quickly got rid of Ranieri to avoid relegation. Then underachieving in mid table playing boring football with Puel and Rodgers was masterstroke.

To be a top 6 club now you have to be that sharp now with decision making if you haven't got enough to compete with the very top clubs who can spend 50m on FBs.

Hopefully we can get to that point in next 2-3 years but it isn't going to be easy and think decisions will eventually have to be made that will upset much of the fanbase.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Nice touch from the players with the owner (proper owner).

Yeah was great to see. Club has everything right top to bottom. Can you imagine any of the "Top 6" doing that for a big trophy win or to even remotely have that connection. I saw the wonderful gesture they did for their fans as well last week sending them gifts. Owners that get it. Understand what makes football, fans.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Yeah was great to see. Club has everything right top to bottom. Can you imagine any of the "Top 6" doing that for a big trophy win or to even remotely have that connection. I saw the wonderful gesture they did for their fans as well last week sending them gifts. Owners that get it. Understand what makes football, fans.

Yes, splendid to see that.

Let's hope we can follow suite and surpass them, a changing of the guard is very much needed to stop the rot that will kill the game for future generations if we let the corrupt money men continue. 

Can't see enough love for Leicester,  a proper football team, with owners that go to games and are more than genuine. Media should take note, this is a top team not your Man U's or Arsenal's etc, this is how a club should be run. The love given to Rogers and the owner at the end, not sure even our team have that much passion for the club.

• Like 1

So Leicester have won more trophies this century than Spurs yet are not among the so called Sky 6 elite. 3 trophies to 1 now

Leicester is the benchmark for the likes of us and Everton, Leeds etc to **** over these elite shitty clubs

Leicester have done a lot right in the last few seasons. Credit to them and their management. Let's not fawn over their owners however. They run a lucrative duty free monopoly in Thailand - a country that attracts the highest number of foreign tourists in the world. Having and maintaining that monopoly requires quite a lot of back door dealings. 

I am happy for their success and it is a massive thorn for the ESL, Project Big Picture scheme.

Edited by nepal_villan

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't see enough love for Leicester,  a proper football team, with owners that go to games and are more than genuine. Media should take note, this is a top team not your Man U's or Arsenal's etc, this is how a club should be run. The love given to Rogers and the owner at the end, not sure even our team have that much passion for the club.

I totally agree with you about the owners. Khun Top is such a nice guy and he’s done really, really well there since his Dad Vichai passed away. I suppose the team absolutely love him.

I’m sure our team show passion, however, we never see our owners at any games but I think Wes Edens goes to a bit of them.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Congratulations Leicester massive achievement for them . Dont like vardy or savage but barring that pleased for them

Have to say i thought it was level Chelseas goal. Was abit harsh 

Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For a team that were in the Championship, what 7 or 8 years ago, and have now won the Premier League and FA Cup, is an amazing achievement. 

Imagine being a Leicester fan and experiencing that. I've seen a couple of league cups, thats it, and I feel lucky to witnessed that, considering we've not won a (major) trophy since. 

They'll be on cloud 9 again today. Fair play. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Leicester have done a lot right in the last few seasons. Credit to them and their management. Let's not fawn over their owners however. They run a lucrative duty free monopoly in Thailand - a country that attracts the highest number of foreign tourists in the world. Having and maintaining that monopoly requires quite a lot of back door dealings. 

I am happy for their success and it is a massive thorn for the ESL, Project Big Picture scheme.

I think most of us probably have to suspend our usual moral judgement when it comes to modern football, and particularly in relation to club ownership. One of our owners is the richest Egyptian and one of the richest men from the poorest continent on the planet - if were being honest no one gets to be a multi-billionaire without exploiting other people, but we've all (rightly) been waxing lyrical about the ownership of Sawiris and Edens. 

But then, if we really think about it. There's much better things they could spend their money on than 200k a week in wages for Jack Grealish, or 40m so we can sign Tammy Abraham. I'm loving their ownership so far, but when it comes down to it we're just a play thing for a couple of very rich men who have enough wealth to offer potential solutions to the problems facing much of humanity if they felt like doing so.

Taking that as the starting point, there is still clearly reasons to praise the Leicester owners - they've done a fantastic job on the footballing side of things, but have also invested heavily in the community around the club, including donating millions to the local hospital to open new facilities there.

There are no ethical billionaires, and you could go further and state that the entire capitalist system depends on the exploitation of the poor by the rich, but within the context of billionaire football owners, Leicester's seem to at least understand the historic importance of football clubs as community assets first and foremost. Given the actions of the so called big 6 owners over the past few weeks, I think you have to give credit where its due.

Goes to show how hard it is to crack the top 4. Even from a mental perspective. 

Good season still though and they've got the FA Cup. 

Given a choice of 4th and no cup or 5th and the FA Cup, i'd take the latter, but thats the romantic in me. Ideally you do both but i'm sure the accountants would have preferred the former. 

• Like 1

Â