• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

If you want to look up the information and check if I'm right, then do so, but I'm certainly not wasting my time.

We aren't good enough in my opinion. If you're happy with things as they I then excellent!

:) I'm not wasting my time either, but you aren't right ;)

If you think I'm happy with things as they are then you really haven't understood what I've said.

This is the only point I'm trying to get across here: Things are crap, but we have by far the best manager we could possibly attract on this tiny budget. We should get behind him, because if he goes I seriously shudder at the many, many possible worse options we might end up with. Just remember what he did for Norwich - he hasn't turned into a bad manager overnight.

One thing I will disagree with, we've lost 10 games at home, we're currently in relegation form, we've lost to most of our rivals and we've only had a maybe 5-10 good performances...

Yes, we have been dog shit pretty much all year.

• Like 3

This team is just so poor. Even when Holt scored I didn't celebrate.

Lambert & Co have sucked my whole enjoyment out of watching us. I can sum up in one word watching us at home. Boring

How can you not celebrate our goal? Things looked upbeat at that point.

I know it's hard at the moment, but we have to stay behind our lads. If you can't, it's your own fault.

Very true!

There were a couple of lads behind us that looked even more miserable after the equaliser went in.  If you feel like the this you should really question whether your time would be better spent elsewhere on a weekend.

@ Nigel & AVTuco

I think it was a build up of two years of utter crap at home (barring Sunderland & Chelsea this year) I'm normally one to go crazy when we score but yesterday was the final straw under Lambert for me. Grant Holt, a player who couldn't even get in a Championship side, equalised against bottom of the league side. Just sums everything up about Lambert and Villa at the moment. Second rate!

If you want to look up the information and check if I'm right, then do so, but I'm certainly not wasting my time.

We aren't good enough in my opinion. If you're happy with things as they I then excellent!

:) I'm not wasting my time either, but you aren't right ;)

If you think I'm happy with things as they are then you really haven't understood what I've said.

This is the only point I'm trying to get across here: Things are crap, but we have by far the best manager we could possibly attract on this tiny budget. We should get behind him, because if he goes I seriously shudder at the many, many possible worse options we might end up with. Just remember what he did for Norwich - he hasn't turned into a bad manager overnight.

I'm also shuddering at who would be next if Lambert went.. Big Sam? I may have lost faith in our ability to play good football but watching our players playing long ball tactics and kicking lumps out of other teams hardly seems better than what we have now. We should give Lambert one more season to see if he can get our young players playing consistently. If not then he has to go. At least he won't have spent much when he does as he always buys cheap...

Can't argue with him having to buy cheap- benteke, bacuna, vlarr and okore look very sound buys for peanuts by modern standards.

I'm struggling with how he seems to be unable to motivate or develop players like weimann, Lawton, baker Clark etc. they should really be stepping up to the plate now. Is that lambert and his coaching staff or are they not really up to it? If not they should be moved on. If lambert buys a creative and a combative midfield combo in the window then i will be a lot happier.

He has to buy cheap though, I'm sure if he was given the backing that MoN received we'd be up there with Spurs at least.

I used to be, I'm not any more, days like yesterday don't help, it wasn't Lerner who picked a line up and a formation that never looked like working and then persisted with it until we went a goal down... Lambert got it horribly wrong

Can't argue with him having to buy cheap- benteke, bacuna, vlarr and okore look very sound buys for peanuts by modern standards.

I'm struggling with how he seems to be unable to motivate or develop players like weimann, Lawton, baker Clark etc. they should really be stepping up to the plate now. Is that lambert and his coaching staff or are they not really up to it? If not they should be moved on. If lambert buys a creative and a combative midfield combo in the window then i will be a lot happier.

On the flip side we have Delph for example who has come on leaps and bounds since Lambert's arrival, I also think Clark and Baker have improved 

I just rewatched most of the match, damn, that had to be one of the games of the year. Tough to complain about the quality of football, given the injuries

Not sure if serious ?

Surely not.  It was one of the poorest games of football I've seen, and a dreadful advert for the Premier League.

I thought the second half was quite entertaining in the sense it was ridiculously open , one bad side vs one really bad side, Richardsons goal was very well struck , I watched Fulham swarm forward again and again, it was a bit like an out of body experience , sat thinking no, this isn't happening .

On the flip side we have Delph for example who has come on leaps and bounds since Lambert's arrival, I also think Clark and Baker have improved

Think youll find that he only looks better under lambert because he was injured nearly constantly since his arrival from leeds

@ Nigel & AVTuco

I think it was a build up of two years of utter crap at home (barring Sunderland & Chelsea this year) I'm normally one to go crazy when we score but yesterday was the final straw under Lambert for me. Grant Holt, a player who couldn't even get in a Championship side, equalised against bottom of the league side. Just sums everything up about Lambert and Villa at the moment. Second rate!

I know what you mean. Just try to hang in there, I guess that's what I wanted to say.

The disappointment and disbelief in the fact that we lost this game still hasn't quite left me. When we think of the teams that we've either lost to/failed to beat this season, it really shows just how little progress we've actually made (if any). We've switched it on against top teams in the league a couple of times, but if we're getting beaten by the likes of West Ham, Fulham, Stoke, Crystal Palace etc then it feels more like luck.

I really do worry for us now. Our home form is absolutely appalling, and completely unforgivable. Villa Park is the only place where the majority of fans see us play games, and when we're seeing our team get taken apart week after week but teams that we should be taking 3 points from, what is it that going to keep bringing fans back? Yeah, we're loyal to our club, first and foremost, and we want to back our team through thick and thin, but eventually people will have seen enough and will want to spend their hard earned cash on something that isn't going to p*ss them off every other week. People will start to turn their backs on the club if this carries on. Home form cannot be ignored, it's a serious issue when it's as bad this and NEEDS to be rectified.

Fulham are probably the worst team in the league and they've done the double over us this season. We're dragging this on for far too long and need to pick up points before we end up needing results from Man City and Spurs. We should be pretty much guaranteed safety by now, but instead we're crawling over the finish line and making things difficult for ourselves. It's not just safety, it's finishing as high as we possibly can so we can hopefully have a decent increase is prize money compared to last season. Considering our stupidly tight spending, surely even the slightest bit of extra cash is going to help in some way or another. 

I've been generally supportive of Lambert, but unless things change VERY soon (and by very, I mean next weekend) then I'll be wanting him out too. We've had some truly embarrassing moments this season and not enough bright ones to make me ignore them. Sort it out and bring us 3 points next week ffs....

Why does it always come down to "what are other teams going to do?" at this time of the season?  I always get to the run-in and can't wait to find out what's going to happen, so I start looking at the remaining fixtures and try to figure it out in advance.  There's a few reasons I shouldn't - for instance, it's a bit like reading the last chapter of a book first so I know what's going to happen.  I don't do this because I don't want to ruin it.  Also though, football is at its best when it's unpredictable, and this season (with Villa in particular) is really difficult to predict, thus making the exercise entirely pointless (no pun intended).

I did it anyway, and am now the not-so-proud owner of a spreadsheet that shows Villa maintaining top flight status on goal difference above Sunderland in 18th, followed by Fulham and Cardiff respectively.  Naturally I've assumed that, being that we can't beat Fulham (and have in fact gifted them 6 points in their inevitable relegation year), we will not pick up another point at all this season.  That kind of drove it really - the question, "is it possible this year to survive on 34 points?".  I think it is, sadly, although it assumes there will be no surprises from now on, an assumption that is stupid to make if nothing else.  Note that I also assumed Norwich will beat Fulham this weekend, primarily because I don't like them at the moment.  Having said that, if Norwich can't win, they're officially down looking at their final 4 games.  Another assumption of course. 

Anyway, longwinded as it is, the point of this post was really a nostalgic one.  As I said, I have done this once or twice before, but a few years ago I was trying to spreadsheet us into the top four under MON, and assuming that we could beat many teams in the process.  Now it's flipped around, and I'm assuming we're not capable of picking up anything, yet hoping to still spreadsheet us into remaining in the Premier League next year.  Depressing stuff.

If we're going to do it by ourselves, our hopes rest on away fixtures at Palace and Swansea I'm afraid.

Â