ChromeCast

limpid

• 1 month later...

After some help if you technical minded people are able to offer it.

I'm trying to cast Netflix US from my chromebook or nexus 5 phone.

I've installed Hola onto both.  On the phone, nothing works at all but on the chromebook i'm able to watch Netflix US fine until I attempt to cast it and then basically it just puts the netflix loading screen on my tv for ever.

Any advice? Am I doing something wrong?

I could always plug the HDMI lead into my chromebook but I was after an easy life.

After some help if you technical minded people are able to offer it.

I'm trying to cast Netflix US from my chromebook or nexus 5 phone.

I've installed Hola onto both.  On the phone, nothing works at all but on the chromebook i'm able to watch Netflix US fine until I attempt to cast it and then basically it just puts the netflix loading screen on my tv for ever.

Any advice? Am I doing something wrong?

I could always plug the HDMI lead into my chromebook but I was after an easy life.

The easiest way I know of to do this is to use something like Unblock-us.com and then changing the DNS in your Chromecast (or other devices) to the ones Unblock-us provide (you can also change the DNS in your router too). Then you use their website to select which Netflix region you want to set your devices to.

The downside is that its a paid service (although they do have a free 1 month trial). There's probably a free way to do it but for something that just works and is very fast and simple to set up, its not a bad shout.

I'm not familiar with Hola, what is it extending?

It's a dubious proxy riddled with adware that is slow as hell. Most commonly used as a Chrome Extension that you turn off and on. Not sure it works with Chromecast at all.

Edited by Sie

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's definitely possible.

Download the chromecast app onto your device and you do it from there.

Edit: actually, I think it's now done from the Google Home App

Edited by Stevo985

At £18 the Chromecast 2 is a bargain.

I have my audio Chromecast connected to my sounded round via optical cable which does sound great, of sure if there is a major benefit if it playing a stream from play music. It was the only way I could get it connected as no other audio in option.

Â