ChromeCast

limpid

I've got one sitting within arms reach of me, I got it for my dad for his birthday (which is in three weeks) but I am tempted to hook it up to my TV and have a play with it.   Can you log into them with multiple accounts? 

Oh, cool.  I presumed they were because they are offering £5 credit on your Google Play account if you set it up before July somethingorother. 

Oh, cool.  I presumed they were because they are offering £5 credit on your Google Play account if you set it up before July somethingorother. 

That's just a ploy to get you buying things through the Play Store.

Oh, cool. I presumed they were because they are offering £5 credit on your Google Play account if you set it up before July somethingorother.

I think that's a manual thing where you have to claim it outside of the CC. They take the Chromecast id present on the current network IIRC.

New version of Chromecast means you can mirror your device screen to your TV, will be a bonus if it works with skygo...

Old news ;-)

I don't think it does by the way.

For those of us with a Chromecast and who haven't tried out Google Music All Access you can now get a free 90 day free trial through the Chromecast App on your android device by checking the offers section. However you will need to open the link it gives you on your tablet or mobile in Chrome on a PC otherwise you get directed to either download the app or it just opens Google Music

I've been having a bit of a buffering/stop-starting problem lately. I've watched a few films on it, and it's been perfectly fine, but now I'm watching a series and it keeps stopping. I've had to change the quality to the lowest possible, to keep it going without stopping (as much). My chromecast is upstairs in my bedroom, and my router is downstairs in the living room. Can anyone suggest anything? Do I need an extra router, for upstairs? I'm not really up to speed on router accessories, as mine has always worked fine.

Can you try it downstairs? You need to eliminate potential issues to find it whether it's your WiFi signal strength, channel, interference, etc., or if your internet connection speed is just a bit low, or if there's something else affecting it.

I bought a second one for downstairs yesterday, it works on a higher quality than the upstairs one. However, it still froze a bit when watching something on the highest quality. Maybe I have a poor Internet connection speed (which is odd, as my wifi on my tablet and phone is always showing full signal).

I bought a second one for downstairs yesterday, it works on a higher quality than the upstairs one. However, it still froze a bit when watching something on the highest quality. Maybe I have a poor Internet connection speed (which is odd, as my wifi on my tablet and phone is always showing full signal).

Might be our area, mine was playing up on Friday night, we had to watch something on Medium.

Ah maybe that's it. You're on sky and I'm on Virgin though, unless the general internet is ballsed up by us

:lol:

maybe! 

I think all of our area use BT fibre though, so essentially, it's the same internet (although yours is faster than mine).

Â