Weekends football 4/6 April

andykeenan

Their defense is naff, but Southampton's movement is a joy to watch at times.

Love to see what Pochettino could do with the Spurs squad, top quality talent but they're not being utilised in the right way. I also think that his quick transition, high press, link up  play intelligent movement that with a high tempo suits the Spurs squad better than Van Gaal, who plays more of a slower controlled. Plus Pochettino has already managed in the PL and knows the league.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Their defense is naff, but Southampton's movement is a joy to watch at times.

Love to see what Pochettino could do with the Spurs squad, top quality talent but they're not being utilised in the right way. I also think that his quick transition, high press, link up  play intelligent movement that with a high tempo suits the Spurs squad better than Van Gaal, who plays more of a slower controlled. Plus Pochettino has already managed in the PL and knows the league.

I wouldn't because that could mean Spurs doing well, and I wouldn't want to see that.

• Like 2

In nearly 20 years watching football I have never sen a player improve so much. When he was left back back in 2007/2008 he was crap, and I honestly would not of wanted MON to sign him. Nnow he is the most expensive player of all time and he is living up to the price tag. Incredible.

• Like 4

Man City 3 : 3 Southampton

Possession split 57% : 43%

Southampton won't have trouble creating goal-scoring chances when they have possession and are decent on counter-attack. Question is how many Man City can score with their possession. Aguero is not fit. It's a high pressure game. In their effort to score enough goals to win it I think Man City's defence will consistently come unstuck. This could be a draw.

Aston Villa 2 : 0 Fulham

Possession split: 48% : 52%

Villa's midfield - especially Westwood and Delph - has improved a lot this season and I think they will have another decent game. Chances will be created and Weimann will score at least one. Fulham have been changing their team a lot recently which is difficult for consistency so I think Villa fans will be surprised that they didn't cause us much more trouble.

Cardiff 4 : 0 Crystal Palace

Possession split: 55% : 45%

Cardiff have some momentum. Not really been winning but they've scored 10 goals in their last 4 matches and Solskjar will take Pulis to the cleaners with a vibrant attacking display against Boring Boring Bannan-less Palace who have have scored 1 goal in their last 4. None of Palace's deficiencies today will be Bannan's fault because he won't start.

Hull 1 : 2 Swansea 

Possession split: 39% : 61%

Swansea also have some form. 7 goals in the last 3 games. They'll win it comfortably but not by a hat-full. 

Newcastle 1 : 1 Man Utd 

Possession split: 46% : 54%

Wretched game, last on match of the day. Newcastle will concede an own goal from a corner. Their goal will go in off a knee at the far post.

How much did you win at the bookies Con?

smug-david-brent-o.gif

I like how you ignore

Chelsea 2 : 1 Stoke

Possession split: 63% : 37%

Chelsea to get a dodgy penalty to win it.

Did not bet. I would like to bet, in the process of improving my ability to predict results.

2 results correct out of 7.

Southampton game was destroyed by Rodriguez's unforeseeable injury. They did in fact create many chances and 4-1 is a scoreline that does not reflect the balance of play. Lambert was superb in the first half, subdued in the second without Rodriguez's movement.

Villa game was destroyed by Delph not starting. I made that prediction with Delph in the starting line up.  Thought Villa created good chances and could have scored more than one.

Cardiff, Newcastle, Swansea were incorrect predictions.

Palace seemed to have played Cardiff effectively on the counter-attack. Palace do have a really good defender, Ward. Left back. We should buy him.

I underestimated the relief the Man Utd players would feel not having been hammered by Bayern last Tuesday. That may have translated into a relaxed and confident display against Newcastle. Perhaps the Utd side believe they are good again? Well, I think they are in for a right beating on Wednesday still.

Swansea have to watch MOTD. I'm guessing they were over-confident and Hull fought harder. 

• Like 1

Â