Djurgarden fan killed on opening weekend of Swedish season

Tegis

Missed that, but the immigrants have no part in this growing whatsoever. Of course some might beinvolved with it, but I don't think anyone here (in Sweden) connects this particular problem to immigrants. There are enough problems that too many tend to link with them anyway.

I didn`t mean to come off as racist but immigration is a big issue in Sweden. It was a silly post though, so I only got myself to blame. But are you sure that is not a part of the problem? It is here for some clubs as they take them in while they are young, they are not really supporters off the club at all but only use it as a means too protect their actions.

been to a few games over there and involving Swedish teams and the environment between a club game and a Sweden national game is so different. Friends from Stockholm have told me that a lot of the hooligan culture comes mainly from the 3 Stockholm clubs even their hockey teams has a hooligan element.

anyway its absolute tragic and maybe the game should never have started, though slightly on-topic I believe I read somewhere that a Malmo fan beaten up badly about 2 weeks ago?

I've been to a few GAIS games.

I remember the hardcore fans sitting in the top tier of the stand behind the goal with the family orientated fans in the tier below. Bare in mind this is an 18,000 seater stadium and there were at most around 2,000 GAIS fans and about 10-20 in the away end.

Anyway, as Djurgarden went 1-0 up some of the more hardcore fans started to rip seats from the top tier and throw them down onto the fans below. It stopped rather abruptly when one of the fans in the lower tier gave them a proper bollocking!

Not sure who he was or if he was anyone important within the GAIS community but it stopped them pretty quickly!

Â