Djurgarden fan killed on opening weekend of Swedish season

Tegis

What a bloody awful day :( As far as I have worked out it was just your normal fan as well, not a hooligan in any way. Father of two.

RIP fellow supporter

A supporter of Swedish top-flight club Djurgarden has died from head injuries sustained in an assault before his team's fixture at Helsingborgs.
The incident, on the opening weekend of the Swedish league season, happened about 30 minutes before kick-off.
When news of the man's death spread, Djurgarden fans invaded the pitch.
Referee Martin Hansson took the players back to the dressing rooms in the 42nd minute and the match, which was level at 1-1, was abandoned at half-time.
"Everything is at an acute stage. A person has died during the match and we are in the midst of a criminal investigation," police spokesperson Ewa-Gun Westford told Swedish news website Aftonbladet. 
A statement on the Djurgarden website said: "Djurgarden family is mourning. We cannot describe in words what we are feeling right now.
"Our deepest sympathy and our thoughts are with the deceased's family and loved ones."

BBC

Its quite a big problem actually. Was fighting all Saturday in Helsingborg which led up to the tragedy that happened today. Attorney general Beatrice Ask blamed the clubs on the news, politicians huh?

But the clubs have a responsibility too. We all have. It's horrible and we can't just blame it on the society. We need stronger laws and we need all parts to take their responsibilities. Which means the government, the clubs and the fans. So I can't say she's too wrong in what she says, apart from the obvious thing that she seems to push away the responsibility from herself.. It can't go on like this. Honor this mans name by taking the problem seriously.

It's been a growing problem. 12 years ago an IFK Gothenburg supporter died in a planned fight between AIK and IFK Gothenburg supporters before a game. And there have been other incidents through the years. Last season Hammarby fans started to attack the away fans without any reason at all. It got really ugly. And that was in the 2nd highest division, Superettan. And the things that makes me most furious is all the fans that try to neglect and say it wasn't their fault, and so on.

Is this a more recent phenomenon Noel, or has there been a problem with it for a while?

I'd say it's been an on and off problem since the 80s. Last couple of years have been pretty bad.

The clubs can't do very much without legislation. She has been in this position for eight years soon and its her governments society and fans. She has done nothing and now she is blaming the clubs. 

Many games have been stopped because there was thrown objects on too the pitch and Im sure there are more incidents too mention than those Pelle refer to.

He was a villa fan aswell..

How do you know?

He has a photo of Andy Wiemann celebrating in front of the villa fans on his instagram..

Sry i was wrong...the villa fan was a guy that evrybody talked about being the victim..now it turned out to be another guy, a 43 year old father of 4..really sad this.

The clubs can't do very much without legislation. She has been in this position for eight years soon and its her governments society and fans. She has done nothing and now she is blaming the clubs. 

Many games have been stopped because there was thrown objects on too the pitch and Im sure there are more incidents too mention than those Pelle refer to.

And that's the problem. Of course the clubs can do something. But as long as everybody says that they can't do anything it will continue. It's a bloody **** coward lie from the clubs that they can't do anything. Some clubs can start with taking stance from certain gropus of "fans" to start with instead of being afraid of them. They don't need legislation for that, do they? They need to man up.

I think Gothenburg last year was the city with the most shootings in all Europe or something like that. There were shootings here appr. every week. Between 50 and 60. A 16 year old boy was shot dead with an automatic gun. And he wasn't known by the police, which probably means that either it was just an idiot shooting randomly or an idiot who got the wrong man. I used to live in that area. It wasn't very nice.

Â