Are We Alone ?

smetrov

Many theories on this subject and it is a fascinating one....

Atlanteans were from another planet, allegedly?!

The Bhagavad Gita is one of the oldest books known to man and part of its story is of an intergalactic war fought by the indiginous people of earth fighting aliens.

The pyramids not only those from Egypt but in other parts of the world were built by visitors. What is very interesting is that the Great Pyramid at Giza was built at exactly the centre of the earth's land mass. The following is taken from Paul Brunton's book A Search In Secret Egypt: That is, its East-West axis corresponds to the longest land parallel across the Earth, passing through Africa, Asia, and America. Similarly, the longest land meridian on Earth, through Asia, Africa, Europe, and Antarctica, also passes right through the Pyramid. Since the Earth has enough land area to provide 3 billion possible building sites for the Pyramid, the odds of it’s having been built where it is are 1 in 3 billion.

This

You may have misunderstood. I asked for evidence, not appeals to ancient wisdom and new age nonsense. Evidence. Data backed up with facts. Not ideas backed up with (and let's be generous) hot air.

Where were your aliens for the first 4.54 billion years that Earth's been around?

as comforting as it may be to some that there are clever aliens out there watching over us with a cure for the common cold and hints on how to build pyramids, reality is that we are alone, just us and god

• Like 1

Our planet spinning at just the right speed, just the right the distance from the sun and moon  - its a freakish chance. Most of the assumptions that this must happen again are based on there being billions and billions, if not endless suns, moons, planets - but we don't don't know how many - but all the assumptions are based on that - if that assumption is wrong then we probably are alone.

I find it interesting that those probes that were sent of into endless space aren't sent anymore - the reason being that if some superior race should find one of our high tech gizmo's they'd coming looking for us and kill us !!!!

Were just overdeveloped monkeys clinging to a rock hurtling through space - fascinating that we overate our importance so much that we fight wars and squabble over resources - yet we are only here through a quirk of probability.....

One in five planets have a similar size to earth and are in the "habitable zone" according to space.com.  I'm not saying that's realistic, but let's just think about it.  That is 20% of planets that could sustain life.  Given the size of the universe:

In the universe no. With over a billion planets we are not alone

There are a 100 billion ish stars in our galaxy and there are more galaxies than that. There are almost certainly a lot more than a billion planets.

Say a billion planets at 0.01% (to take into account spin of the axis, etc) that could sustain life. That would be 10,000 planets that could just be like us, out there, somewhere. 

Edited by trekka

I would imagine that at some point in the future, we will find some half inhabitable place, where we could plant some single cell ameba, and go and check up on it now and again. Help them out a bit every now and again. But what would that make us?

I would imagine that at some point in the future, we will find some half inhabitable place, where we could plant some single cell ameba, and go and check up on it now and again. Help them out a bit every now and again. But what would that make us?

responsible

Â