Andre Hahn

CryptoN

Aston Villa scouts watching Augsburg's German international winger Andre Hahn

Aston Villa are on the trail of Augsburg’s Andre Hahn with Villa's scouts watching the 23-year-old winger in action last week at Schalke. Hahn, who has netted 10 times this season, was called into the senior Germany squad for their friendly against Chile. The midfielder’s strong and powerful running has caught boss Paul Lambert's eye.

Link: http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-scouts-3274476

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe87afrjf24

• Like 1

He suits the Lambert philosophy to a tee, especially with the €2.25m or €2.5m release clause (or whatever it is).

I think he will go to Leverkusen though, speaking of which.. that volley..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBejivH02_g

Go to around the 30 second mark

• Like 1

As Samjp26 has already alluded to, he is reported to have an extremely low release-clause. The competition for his signature will therefore be intense you'd think.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

It is also common for players to be snapped up in Germany by the 'bigger clubs', he'll probably move on to Leverkusen or Schalke and if he does well there move on up to Dortmund or Bayern Munich.

Who knows though, I did see something about his release clause potentially expiring this month so maybe any move would have to be secured before the end of the season? If that can actually happen outside of Germany, I'm not entirely sure.

Would be a great signing based on this season though, but as Isa says, probably unlikely that he'd come to us over the German teams that are seemingly in for him.

• Like 1

We do have a lot to offer, though. We have a manager who speaks German, Premier League football to offer, a world class training ground, a very tight knit up and coming hard working squad, and probably wages on par with the "next level" German clubs. We beat out a lot of other clubs to Okore's signature, so you never know what could happen.

• Like 2

Leverkusen are a good shout given that they are losing Sidney Sam (again for a ridiculously low price).

Yeah that is pretty much my thinking, I think the fee they're losing Sam for is similar, German contracts seem to be seriously **** up. Freiburg have some great young talents, maybe we could go picking there. Kruse went for a similar price tag as Sam and Hahn have from there so I'd imagine they'd be a fair few more in a similar bracket.

We do have a lot to offer, though. We have a manager who speaks German, Premier League football to offer, a world class training ground, a very tight knit up and coming hard working squad, and probably wages on par with the "next level" German clubs. We beat out a lot of other clubs to Okore's signature, so you never know what could happen.

I definitely agree with you, in fact you make some really good points. I dunno, the fact that he is German makes me think he'd want to stay in Germany for a bit longer in order to break into their international setup properly. 

It is nice to be linked with him though!

Not a bad link and pleasing to see we're scouting Germany - I really like the looks of Firmino (Hoffenheim), Inui (Frankfurt) and Muller (Mainz) who all play in that same attacking midfielder/secondry striker position

• Like 2

We do have a lot to offer, though. We have a manager who speaks German, Premier League football to offer, a worldattractive ining ground, a very tight knit up and coming hard working squad, and probably wages on par with the "next level" German clubs. We beat out a lot of other clubs to Okore's signature, so you never know what could happen.

I don't follow European football so I have no idea who this guy is, but has the learned poster said above, I can see lots reasons why a young player would find our club an attractive offer.

Well Toni Kroos is interested in playing in the Prem, so why not this guy.

Sell N'Zog, and this is the kind of player we should be looking at, young, up and coming, not quite good enough for the CL, but might be.A Rodriguez kind of player if you like.

• Like 1

This is the type of links (and hopefully signing) i want see from Villa... There is so much talent at bargain prices in German and many with low release clauses.

Hopefully we get this done!!! rather this guy over 33 year old Wes Hoolahan.

Bags of potential and would be a great fit for our side!

Edited by Villan4Life

This sounds like a load of balls. If he had a release clause of 2 mill why did Lambert go after a 33 year old Norwich player instead in the last window. Also I would be very surprised if he came here. Lambert speaking German isnt much of a reason imo.

Â