Our record against the top 4 this season

Avfc96

We just need more creativity in our team. Defensively we're in good shape now and don't look like getting hammered by the better teams. More guile in the middle and we should be beating more of the bottom half teams next season at home.

• Like 1

Points and Position breakdown

Top 4: 10 Points from 7 games 

5th-14th: 6 points from 12 games

Bottom 6: 18 points from 10 games  

1.4 points per game against the top 4

1.8 points per game against the bottom 6

Both very decent turnarounds -  that's an average of 1.6 points per game against half the league

The issue is very much that group in 5-14th, with just 0.5 points  per game. If we upped that even to 1 point per game and maintained the other PPG ratios we'd be on target for 51 points a season. That'd have to be the bare minimum next year for a target IMO

• Like 1

While it's obviously right to pinpoint the poor performance against 5th/14th, I don't think 1.8 points per game from the bottom 6 is much cop. Really we should be looking for 2+ ppg from that group.

It's remarkable we got all those points from the top 4 and it is what has kept us clear of relegation worries but it does bother me a bit. I can't forget Gabby saying before the Chelsea game, "these are the games you want to play in". You need to want to play in them all.

I can't forget Gabby saying before the Chelsea game, "these are the games you want to play in". You need to want to play in them all.

I'm sure he never meant it like that......am i really sure?, after watching the next game.

Well, TRO, I assumed first off he didn't mean it like that but, when you look at those stats......

Hey, I like Gabby, but, I think he is inconsistent, so I guess i have mixed feelings....I've already put the cat amongst the pidgeons on the Gabby thread with his new deal.

seems like some will interpret that I am a Gabby hater, but not being as convinced about him as an overall threat as many other strikers we have had.... but i still value his presence.

I have a general doubt about the commitment of everything at B6 right now.....I am also not convinced like some are of the effort that goes in, in some games, many fans blame the ability. I think we have more ability than some think, its the application I question in some games....like Fulham away, after beating Southampton a few days earlier and Stoke last Sunday.

no "eye of the Tiger"

Â