Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Huge for finishing top half, and getting the tv money involved with such a finish. I think villa will do it. Third straight win, with no clean sheet this time.

TV money is not linked to league placing, how many times has this been covered?!!?!?

Their is more prize money per place this season than ever before though, if we finish 10th rather than 15th like last time out we'll get around £7m more I think?

That's a whole Benteke ;)

Just can't see us winning 3 on the bounce for some reason, although I thought we'd get battered by Chelsea so who knows. As everyone has said 3 pts here, if Man U beat West Ham too, woudl see us looking very well placed to finish top half and grab that extra cash.

• Like 1

Our left back choice on Saturday I think will go a long way to giving us a clue about Bertrand's future.

If Bertrand is back in the team, then I think we can assume that Villa think they have a good chance of getting him on a permanent deal in the summer. Otherwise, Bennett deserves to keep his place and show us that he's good enough to be our first choice left back. 

Our left back choice on Saturday I think will go a long way to giving us a clue about Bertrand's future.

If Bertrand is back in the team, then I think we can assume that Villa think they have a good chance of getting him on a permanent deal in the summer. Otherwise, Bennett deserves to keep his place and show us that he's good enough to be our first choice left back. 

I don't think that so much needs to be read into it. It's one game. Lambert has a choice on his hands, to be sure. I'm not sure who I'd pick, but based on Bennett's performance vs. Chelsea and Bertrand's performances thus far, either one of them is capable of getting the job done. And I don't think it will cause irreparable damage to either of them to move to the bench.

I think it's nice for once that our choice for left back is based on who will do the best, rather than who is least likely to screw it up. :)

I'm also tickled to hear that Ireland will be out. Smart thinking, that clause.

Huge for finishing top half, and getting the tv money involved with such a finish. I think villa will do it. Third straight win, with no clean sheet this time.

TV money is not linked to league placing, how many times has this been covered?!!?!?

But it is...

Perhaps it was a gentleman's agreement of some sort?

He was on loan for the season and was ineligible for this match anyway, when Stoke asked to make it a permanent transfer I could see us saying he still should not play against us, otherwise we may well have been better off with the original loan situation. 

Local paper in stoke saying Ireland is injured. No Adam, Ireland, Walters or Huth. Step up Crouch.

This one could go either way. A win would be lovely going in to the united game.

I'm not sure what Lambert should do regarding the Bennett/Bertrand situation. On the one hand Bertrand has done nothing wrong to be dropped and he couldn't do anything about not being able to play against Chelsea but Bennett doesn't deserve to be dropped because of his performance.

The right decision is obviously to play Luna.

Isn't it about £2m a place increments now

Yes, it should be. Generally and roughly speaking, allowing for ... and so on. With the new TV deal from this season, #20 should be about £60 mill and #1 about £100 mill ...

Edited by Villain4Life

Bennett should keep his place

Not for me.

He did well against CHelsea, but this will be a much more physical affair with a lot more high balls.

I'd be more confident with Bertrand back for that.