Weekend footy 15/16th

Nigel

its whats annoying me about the willian 2nd yellow, with people like shearer claiming delph went down with minimal contact and it wasnt even a foul, he should try watching the whole game, chelsea threw themselves to the floor at every opportunity, can remember terry doing it and then moaning he was pushed, azpilacueta did it right in the corner, wait for contact, fall over, win free kick, rinse and repeat

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

And Delph didn't dive at all.

Don't get me wrong, I do think it was a harsh yellow for Willian. There wasn't enough contact.

But it was clearly enough to put Delph off balance and that's why he went down. He didn't throw himself to the floor.

Don't get me wrong, I do think it was a harsh yellow for Willian. There wasn't enough contact.

But it was clearly enough to put Delph off balance and that's why he went down. He didn't throw himself to the floor.

He pulled him back which made him stumble then checked him with his hip. The sending off was because we was breaking and it was cynical.

Shearer is one of the worst pundits I've seen for any sport. He's constantly wrong and inconsistent. I have no idea how he manages it.

I've watched the Chelsea highlights 3 times since Saturday, and the only thing that ruins it is Shearer saying "This summed up Aston Villa, for me", THREE TIMES during the post-match analysis.

I haven't got the rule book in front of me, but I am sure that yellows could be given for soft, yet tactical fould which aim at deliberately stopping a promising attack. I believe that this was the case here. 

He pulled him back which made him stumble then checked him with his hip. The sending off was because we was breaking and it was cynical.

Yep, I can see why it was given.

But I still think it's somethign that he could have gotten away with.

Put it this way, if it had been the other way round I think most of us would be up in arms about it.

Not that I'm complaining of course!!

Â