Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Luna is a lot better than Bennett. Bennetts the worseeft back I've ever seen. Get rid immediately in the summer!

There is no actual basis to believe this. Luna was every bit as bad, if not worse, than Bennett was last season. One goal vs Arsenal doesn't change that.

I think Luna looks better. He isn't afraid to go in for tackles or go up against his man, which is something we haven't see Bennett do an awful lot since he joined us. 

Luna's positioning is crap, but he is better getting forward than Bennett and arguably better defensively, albeit not with his positioning. If I had to choose one of them to be a back-up for Bertrand, I'd choose Luna.

I have no problem with Bennett and some things just don't work out, I hope he still has a good career even if it does mean he has to move down a few levels. Maybe loan him out to build some confidence.

Edited by samjp26

Your positioning is key to your defensive ability though. It's the very reason that Lowton has been so hopeless defensively this season. Also, lots of people say it but what has Luna actually contributed offensively other than the goal on his debut? I think he has been very disappointing going forward personally. At least Bennett whips in some good crosses once in a while.

Edited by Isa

The hatred towards Bennett on here is both unwarranted and not needed. He isn't all that, but **** sake the way some have spoke about him on here you would think he had burned the holte end down and pissed on the ashes. Get a grip

luna - cost little, his first season in the league, and wrote off by many already. Needs time. Good player in there eventually.

The hatred towards Bennett on here is both unwarranted and not needed. He isn't all that, but **** sake the way some have spoke about him on here you would think he had burned the holte end down and pissed on the ashes. Get a grip

luna - cost little, his first season in the league, and wrote off by many already. Needs time. Good player in there eventually.

I don't think anybody has said they hate Bennett to be fair

What do people want in the summer?

Imagine we have 20m to spend, how many players to come in and what positions?

I will go for 3 players a defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder and a left back

I think after this season and how poor our attack has looked for most part that we also need at least one quality attacking wide player to go with the 3 areas you mention.

I'd hope though that serious cost cutting previously could mean we have more to spend than previous summers.

What do people want in the summer?

Imagine we have 20m to spend, how many players to come in and what positions?

I will go for 3 players a defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder and a left back

If we just have £20m and Benteke doesn't leave, I'd like a new left back (Bertrand on a permanent deal will do), and a quality attacking central midfielder as a priority, I'd be reasonably happy with just those two signings.

I think we're more likely to end up with 20 of the best players in league 2.

Edited by Davkaus

Were losing money though :unsure: I'm not expecting more cash than previous :(

My next priority would be a wide attacking player (gabby/weimann position) but I worry if we go for four we risk diluting the quality of players we receive.

Luna is a lot better than Bennett. Bennetts the worseeft back I've ever seen. Get rid immediately in the summer!

There is no actual basis to believe this. Luna was every bit as bad, if not worse, than Bennett was last season. One goal vs Arsenal doesn't change that.

Actually there is Luna hasn't been great but he has had some decent games for us. Bennetts been effing pants every game he has featured in, the guy is hopeless and had no future here

I definitely prefer Luna to Bennett. It's only his positioning that has let him down. If he can work on that, then we'll have a good backup to Bertrand (if we buy him!)

I'd love kyle naughton, I think he's an excellent right back

Did well for Lambert previously when he was on loan at Norwich too, so if Tottenham were willing to sell him it wouldn't surprise me if we did go in for him.