Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

he want to last year,,wages were high as he was on the doe under city contract & lambert had a dead beat named ireland on big wages (randy signed him)..you get what you pay for kids,hence the league points & dread full performaces.

break down the villa side..not one player has been signed from a Premier League club.. we deserve at least fluffing ONE! 

Champs League (Europa at worst) with Everton next season, or back to VP on lower wages to see out your career with a couple of relegation battles?  I'm a Villa fan and I'd pick Everton every day of the week at the moment.

he want to last year,,wages were high as he was on the doe under city contract & lambert had a dead beat named ireland on big wages (randy signed him)..you get what you pay for kids,hence the league points & dread full performaces.

break down the villa side..not one player has been signed from a Premier League club.. we deserve at least fluffing ONE! 

Champs League (Europa at worst) with Everton next season, or back to VP on lower wages to see out your career with a couple of relegation battles?  I'm a Villa fan and I'd pick Everton every day of the week at the moment.

i read that villa were supposed to be on par with everton within two years, everton are skint we hear,

If Sunderland get relegated I think KI would be a good player to go for, Poyet has them playing a new style and I think Ki is a big part of that thats If Swansea don't want him. As for Colback apparently the big rumour is that he may going to Everton.

Colback on decent wages is welcome. Lambert has a quite few things to learn if we need to buy Bertrand and we do, its almost as I would like to say: -Dont give him to much money Randy…but Randy is Randy Lerner and well you all know about that.

Colback on decent wages is welcome. Lambert has a quite few things to learn if we need to buy Bertrand and we do, its almost as I would like to say: -Dont give him to much money Randy…but Randy is Randy Lerner and well you all know about that.

Eh?

What is wrong with us buying Bertrand? We've tried to go the cheap way with two left backs, I'd say keep Luna as back-up to Bertrand as he could be useful if he sorts his defensive positioning out.

Eh?

What is wrong with us buying Bertrand? We've tried to go the cheap way with two left backs, I'd say keep Luna as back-up to Bertrand as he could be useful if he sorts his defensive positioning out.

I mean that when signing two left backs we shouldn't need Bertrand but we do…so Lambert really needs to learn how to scout left backs…Bertrand or a better left back is welcome.

• Like 1

Eh?

Luna straightening up his defensive side? That's like asking Barry Bannan to be taller than he is

• Like 1

Thing about luna is he wasn't overmatched physically, it was pretty much 100% down to his poor positioning. So I guess theoretically it's fixable.

Yep I agree, in fact if he could sort his positioning out he'd be a decent player to have.

No idea what happened to Luna, in the early weeks playing against the likes of Walcott and Hazard he looked pretty solid, Walcott barely had a kick at the Emirates opening day (the goal came from Lowton's side). But he looked really hopeless over xmas, when even Palace are targeting him as a weak link you know he's in trouble. On balance though I'd probably keep him as back and get rid of Bennett who I simply can't stand.

For me Bertrand is a must and I'd welcome Hoolahan as long as we get a younger version like Kioyate or someone else.

Think that will be it as I'd imagine it wouldn't be far off the 20m Lambert is annually given to spend during a summer.

I imagine the dynamics will only change then if Benteke is sold for 20m ish. I'd like to think we could sign an establish prem striker with a fair bit of that money, someone like Loic Remy could be an option perhaps? I know people will say wages but if we sell Benteke that's I'd imagine around 40k off our books and if Bent leaves aswell you could be talking about 100k off the forward line wages.

We have to stop spunking money up the wall.....its crucial we start to get a grip of this transfer business.

We have to be as sure as we can we are signing quality( finished article or potential).... not some hairy fairy, pie in the sky, stab in the dark.

we must also start signing players with good feet....players that are comfortable on the ball and can reasonably keep it.

• Like 1

Luna is a lot better than Bennett. Bennetts the worseeft back I've ever seen. Get rid immediately in the summer!

There is no actual basis to believe this. Luna was every bit as bad, if not worse, than Bennett was last season. One goal vs Arsenal doesn't change that.

Danny Ings will become a very good goalscorer imho, worth a gamble in the summer.Can play off a front man, or as a front man.£5m should secure it.

Sadly they may get promoted, they'd have no reason to sell