Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Id quite like this to be true (as its Us)

But this transfer window has now become a farce - one of the richest clubs in the world - paying £16m for a player - but they don't own him - deals being conducted way past the deadline...

11PM - if its not done by then it doesn't happen - far to many favours be pulled behind closed doors...

Some of these comments are rather embarrassing, people seem to have taken this very personally. He is a footballer with no affiliation to Aston Villa and was trying to get as much money as possible.

If he improves us and we are not paying astronomical wages then what is the issue? Would have thought he'd turn out to be an improvement on KEA anyway.

Edited by mosch1one

Well here you go,  the BBC have him in our squad list!!!

OorofEA.png

Sorry but I call shenanigans, surely he would take the number 8 shirt.

Apparently it would have been 8 and that was what the hold up was,  he wanted the famous number 9 shirt and we were reluctant but have given in to his demands,  ITK

Not sure how i feel about this to be honest.

Desperate player in realising he has no other options so is trying to ensure his career does not go down the shitter shock,  is my initial reaction

• Like 4

Easier i would guess and as it is until January only that means it is even easier.  I wonder if we have agreed a fee should we sign him in January and whether it is still 8M as by then he'll have 6 months left on his contract

Why on loan.  Why Villa not go back in with 8 mill?  Is there a better chance of getting a Loan passed than a purchase?

Because Tom doesn't want to commit to the club long term he wants to join Everton in January 

He must think Christmas has come early not only is he going to avoid the reserves at Manure he's going to get his dream move and get first team football to prepare himself for it in the process

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

Easier i would guess and as it is until January only that means it is even easier. I wonder if we have agreed a fee should we sign him in January and whether it is still 8M as by then he'll have 6 months left on his contract

Rest of season apparently mate Edited by villan501

Not sure how i feel about this to be honest.

Desperate player in realising he has no other options so is trying to ensure his career does not go down the shitter shock,  is my initial reaction

same could be said for Senderos, Richardson and Cissokho. makes him a hungry player with a point to prove

Why on loan.  Why Villa not go back in with 8 mill?  Is there a better chance of getting a Loan passed than a purchase?

Because Tom doesn't want to commit to the club long term he wants to join Everton in January 

He must think Christmas has come early not only is he going to avoid the reserves at Manure he's going to get his dream move and get first team football to prepare himself for it in the process

I dont mind a player on loan who is going to be out of contract.  They will certainly be trying their best to get a big bumper deal come next summer.