Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

IF this happens, then I think it'll be the first time that this has happened to us. I think I can remember that every DD some are hoping that a last minute signing was sealed but that we wouldn't be reading about untill the morning after, but it never happens. This window I don't think anyone said that, so it would be typical if it happened now. Still don't want it too. IF, I agree that he must be very good to convince me that it all ended well.

Didn't Dunne sign like this?

Did he? Can't remember. But maybe you're right, and then I stand (sit) here like a fool. :)

So what if he comes good he will be going to Everton in January

Time for Villa to act with some pride and dignity pull out the deal and prove were something more than Everton's feeder club

He made his choice and did not want to commit to a long term deal i don't want players like him playing for us

perhaps as part of the loan deal he has requested that he be cup tied against Everton as well

You wouldn't want him because he'd prefer Everton to Villa? Most of our current players would prefer Everton over Villa, should they be kicked out too?

On a side note, if he's shit in a Villa shirt he'll be up there with the most hated. 

Reference TC. If he has joined us on loan I welcome him. Were not exactly blessed are we? Nobody knows what happens behind closed doors. I am sure many of our "fickle" fans will be all over him if he improves the team and subsequently signs. He was a small fish in a big pond and could come good for us.

We should be thankful for small mercies.

We're not fickle, we just don't like him (for reasons that we're not 100% sure of, given we don't really know what happened).

IF this happens, then I think it'll be the first time that this has happened to us. I think I can remember that every DD some are hoping that a last minute signing was sealed but that we wouldn't be reading about untill the morning after, but it never happens. This window I don't think anyone said that, so it would be typical if it happened now. Still don't want it too. IF, I agree that he must be very good to convince me that it all ended well.

Did he? Can't remember. But maybe you're right, and then I stand (sit) here like a fool. :)

Here's a link.

Aston Villa  were given dispensation to complete a £5million deal for Richard Dunne  as negotiations over his departure from Manchester City  rumbled on past the 5pm deadline.

Villa had earlier finalised another £5m deal for West Ham defender James Collins but Dunne was still chasing a £1m pay-off from City which at one stage put the transfer in doubt

• Like 1

Here's a link.

Aston Villa  were given dispensation to complete a £5million deal for Richard Dunne  as negotiations over his departure from Manchester City  rumbled on past the 5pm deadline.

Villa had earlier finalised another £5m deal for West Ham defender James Collins but Dunne was still chasing a £1m pay-off from City which at one stage put the transfer in doubt

There you go. :) I was wrong again. :P Thanks for that! :)

• Like 1

You can't pass up the opportunity to get someone you wanted in, even after he's turned you down. There's no place for being picky, especially after letting KEA go.

I prefer a loan over spending £8m on him, that's for sure. It'll be nice to have something available to spend in January too, which could prove vital. (That is of course if it's freed up to spend then)