Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Are we still talking about shots on target. Honestly who gives a shit!

Considering shots on target generally give you a chance to score, I'd say it's a top priority for every team in the league.

Not really, scoring goals, keeping clean sheets and getting points is the top priority. Do you think Arsenal who had 24 shots and 6 on target are saying well done lads good point at Leicester, we done well we had 6 shots on target.

No, they're saying 'Lads, you had 24 shots and 6 on target. You need to hit the target to score. I'm disappointed in your ability to turn shots into goals.'

Not a bad summer of shopping but looks like we screwed up at the end by going in too late for two targets who didn't work out with no fallback options. Squad still looks quite wanting in midfield to me.

Best news is we strengthened the defence and kept Vlaar.

Canales was definitely just a ploy to try and speed up Cleverley, like he did with Dempsey/Benteke.

Strange tactical bidding from Lambert.

We'd be angry if Lambert wasn't being tactical over his transfers while most other clubs are.

We're all disappointed about the deadline day results, but lets not use it as an excuse to lambast Lambert. Im actually happy that we have stood up for ourselves and not landed ourselves with an Ireland/Reo-Coker/Cuellar/Davies...i.e. another expensive player on OTT wages which we'd struggle to sell down the line if they don't work out.

The deal had to be at a reasonable upfront cost on wages that fitted in with our pay scales. Nothing other than that.

Cleverley maybe going to Villa after all. Villa came back VERY late when Everton collapsed. Season loan if Premier League accept paperwork

No way. This would be a ridiculous twist. So much so that I don't believe it whatsoever.

Edited by Djemba_Villan

Sometimes things aren't meant to be. I thought Cleverley may join and be a useful player for us, coming with a point to prove and a hunger to succeed. It looks like he was another looking to feather his nest, with football coming a poor second in his thoughts. After all of the shenanigans and delaying tactics he and his agent used, the only thing that disappoints me is that we didn't pull the plug sooner.

Regarding the Sergio Canales deal, I can't say I know alot about the guy. I recognise the name, but haven't seen him play. Looking at his history, it looks like he has suffered badly with his ACL. Which kind of leaves me thinking that he may be someone who you are watching always in fear of him breaking down. The thing I find strange about this bid is that usually you would get an idea of if a player is interested in joining the club before entering a bid. Maybe Villa did and he indicated that he may wish to join, but then changed his mind, but the way that Ballague stated he would never join Villa suggests that it was a shot in the dark.

As it happens, I hope what we have got here already and with a bit of luck with injuries, should hopefully see us to a mid table finish. Although as a Villa fan I always want better for my team, if you would have offered me that 2 months ago I would have bitten your hand off.

I'm pretty sure I read that it was Canales' club that scuppered the deal - they weren't prepared to let him leave. It could be that Canales was prepared to come. Maybe to be rekindled in January?

Ah really, I must have missed that report. I thought that the last report I saw was on Sky Sports News saying that Canales had rejected us. I guess there are lots of mis-reporting going on on deadline day as it is all a big rush to get deals done.

Cleverley maybe going to Villa after all. Villa came back VERY late when Everton collapsed. Season loan if Premier League accept paperwork

Probably a matter of principle, but I'm not sure I'd welcome him with open arms. He'd definitely have to show a lot of commitment to this club.

Most likely BS though.

A loan seriously

Surely were not that stupid must be BS

If this is true were his 2nd choice club he will stay with us to the summer then jump ship to Everton? Would rather give Herd or some other player at the club some gametime than this money grabbing ****

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

He wanted to go to Everton, wanted 80k a week here and didn't even want to come here seemingly, i hope the premier league reject it. He has his chance to come and play football instead of doing nothing at united and all he could think about was the weekly wage or going to Everton.