Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I can't bloody believe we didn't go in for Ben Arfa. Talk about a missed opportunity.

Ben-Arfa-600x380.jpg

Not sure how anyone could miss that opportunity.

Jesus - i knew there were fat jokes flying around but this just makes them facts?! For a professional footballer thats just not on. 

I can't bloody believe we didn't go in for Ben Arfa. Talk about a missed opportunity.

Ben-Arfa-600x380.jpg

Not sure how anyone could miss that opportunity.

Jesus - i knew there were fat jokes flying around but this just makes them facts?! For a professional footballer thats just not on.

That's the face of a man who's just spotted a camera trained on him and he's realised there's simply no time to hold in the flab and conceal the truth.

• Like 1

Seems like he was totally left in the lurch by Everton trying to pull a fast one.

*sniggers*

The plot thickens surrounding the collapse of Tom Cleverley’s move from Everton to Manchester United.

Old Trafford sources claim that Cleverley travelled to Merseyside after Everton had a £7.5million bid accepted but the club then made an unsuccessful attempt to knock United down to £5m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740195/Tom-Cleverley-set-stay-Manchester-United-midfielder-sees-moves-Everton-Aston-Villa-break-down.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

• Like 1

If you make a bid for 7,5 mill and agree it with a club why would they then accept an offer for 5 million? It's Manure they are dealing with not some newly promoted side as if they tried to knock the price down

So moronic

Hardly disappointing. We did our business early. DD is always a bit of a lottery. At least we stopped ourslelf from being stiffed by cleverly's agent.

glad your happy we spent 7 million. We will struggle again. We needed a few more to push on. Ah well. It is what it is.
We are where we are KSV. All things considered its been pretty good business given the restraints Lambert has been under.

I agree. Lambert did well but if he had 7 million more to spend he failed wasting his time on cleverley. We really need a takeover

Hardly disappointing. We did our business early. DD is always a bit of a lottery. At least we stopped ourslelf from being stiffed by cleverly's agent.

glad your happy we spent 7 million. We will struggle again. We needed a few more to push on. Ah well. It is what it is.

Would you feel better if we'd spent £25m instead of 7 on the same players?
If we spent 25 million on a winger and creative midfielder would you be upset?
  • Like 1

Would you feel better if we'd spent £25m instead of 7 on the same players?
If we spent 25 million on a winger and creative midfielder would you be upset?

That would depend entirely on the players.

But what makes you think us spending money on players we need would make me unhappy?

We did a lot better than we expected from the window and are in a stronger place now, plus we have a few bob for January. Silver linings and all that

you would like to think there is atleast 8 million there in january to strengthen..if benteke n kozak come back n stay fit then we are definately alot stronger than last season.so not to disappointed at the moment.after all we are 3rd [emoji4]

January has traditionally been a tough window for us since the purse strings were tightened. Hopefully, something can be done-I just hope that Cleverley is completely off the radar now. I have a horrible feeling we are going to be looking for a new central defender, if not in January but certainly next summer. Maybe that will be the priority once the window re-opens?