Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

2 defenders signed, Hutton back in the team and playing well, Okore almost back too so no more Baker/Clarke. Three midfielders signed and N'Zogbia back in the fold too. 

First team massively improved as has the squad. Vlaar stayed, would have loved a right winger too but overall a very good window. 

• Like 2

Hopefully the deadline extension is rubbish, and this whole episode will probably put a massive dent in the lads career, he's shown himself up to be a money grabbing mercenary... Most top and mid table clubs will now steer clear.

• Like 1

Not knocking the club boyangel, just saying if I had £8m to spend which is over 70% of overall budget if have made sure I spent it in alloted time and not left it so late with all my eggs in one basket.

I agree but we targeted a player working under a new manager - this probably took longer to arrange as we were waiting to see whether LVG wanted Cleverley or not. ManUre have conducted the majority of their transfers late on this window.

Hopefully the same amount (and more) will be available January

giphy.gif

This gif has been the highlight of the thread :D

It's been the gif highlight of my life (with the possible exception of Bowery spinning in the wheelchair). Partly because it's such a mystery; who is that man, whys he so happy, who made the gif? :D

Did we put in a late bid for dempsey and then spent little the following january? I don't see big funds being made available next window.

IIRC the Dempsey bid was done to get the Benteke deal concluded.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.