Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Surely if the deals the manager wants aren't available, we shouldn't just sign someone for sake of it?

Maybe if the manager was given a decent budget to work with more of his targets would have become players we could sign.

We are in a period where books are just about balanced, do we want to risk our future again? For the likes of Heskey, Davies etc the MoN signed?

Why would giving the manager decent money to spend be risking our future, Unless you have no faith in lambert signing anyone decent

Is it risking our future if we spend beyond our means.

We've spent £8 million

Surely if the deals the manager wants aren't available, we shouldn't just sign someone for sake of it?

Completely this, how can we possibly face anyone tomorrow knowing that our club haven't spent 10s of millions of pounds today?

Shows how far we've fallen.

Everyone Out!

But it does show how far we've fallen.

Or it shows we've already strengthened, had a good start to the campaign and aren't willing to be ass raped by agents on deadline day?

I'm not on about today.  We've had an entire window and spent £8 million

Fair enough, I think the blame there is probably on Randy's shoulders. Lambert has been pretty upfront about wanting another couple of players. I was more on about the overreactions to nothing happening today though. 

Let's see what January brings I spose for transfers, till then I think with Benteke back we might suprise a few more teams this time round.

It always goes downhill on here in the last hour of transfer deadline day.

Usually because the manager tells people that he is looking to bring a couple of players in and it doesn't happen. Duped every season!

To be fair to Lambert he hasn't done this before...he sounded really confident of getting a couple more in....most times he says he is trying - but it wont be easy....

My feeling is that Lambert has been let down by the club

• Like 1

I'd rather we kept our wick dry if the players that the manager wants are not available. We've strengthened the squad earlier in the summer, and with Hutton, N'Zogbia, Given and Bent back in thats more experience we had been lacking. With Senderos, Sanchez, Cole and Richardson whilst holding onto Vlaar and Delph - there is rightly a buzz arounf VP for the first time in ages.

Fair play to Lambert for doing so, in what is clearly, a difficult time.

Plus, the £8m seems to have come very late in the window - not sure it is all Lambert's fault if it goes unspent.

Completely this, how can we possibly face anyone tomorrow knowing that our club haven't spent 10s of millions of pounds today?

Shows how far we've fallen.

Everyone Out!

But it does show how far we've fallen.

Or it shows we've already strengthened, had a good start to the campaign and aren't willing to be ass raped by agents on deadline day?

I'm not on about today.  We've had an entire window and spent £8 million

Fair enough, I think the blame there is probably on Randy's shoulders. Lambert has been pretty upfront about wanting another couple of players. I was more on about the overreactions to nothing happening today though. 

Let's see what January brings I spose for transfers, till then I think with Benteke back we might suprise a few more teams this time round.

I agree,  I said in the Lamber thread that he deserves credit for what he's done this summer.  No CEO and no real backing and he's improved the squad,  

Maybe if the manager was given a decent budget to work with more of his targets would have become players we could sign.

We are in a period where books are just about balanced, do we want to risk our future again? For the likes of Heskey, Davies etc the MoN signed?

Why would giving the manager decent money to spend be risking our future, Unless you have no faith in lambert signing anyone decent

Is it risking our future if we spend beyond our means.

We've spent £8 million

Have we spent that much?

Many of the clubs around us that have done deals today have done **** all in the window prior to deadline day.

We've integrated formerly exiled players and added some quality like Sanchez and Cissokho already. The transfer window is more than just one day and, whilst it appears we had targets in mind, I doubt we'll be strongarmed into getting poor value on the wages just to get them in.

• Like 4

Many of the clubs around us that have done deals today have done **** all in the window prior to deadline day.

We've integrated formerly exiled players and added some quality like Sanchez and Cissokho already. The transfer window is more than just one day and, whilst it appears we had targets in mind, I doubt we'll be strongarmed into getting poor value on the wages just to get them in.

The club would've been better off leaving all of our deals until today, but then you'd have people complaining all summer that we're slow to do business.

• Like 1

Final verdict on summer Randy still a knob so as you were there.

I reckon Lambert has done OK though, squad has had a much needed facelift and we've barely spent a penny. Fingers crossed it's enough.

Right now I'm reasonably confident we'll be comparatively safer than we have been but it's a long tough season and things can change fast.

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1