Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Has everyone given up? I believe we are after someone but not Canales. If it was late on we wouldn't have bid for just the one player. Our signings always go under the radar. I can see something surfacing in the next 10 minutes

probably one of Harry Redknap's turds, he's so full of sh*t

so both our targets have rejected us

its like the ugly kids at school trying to find a date for the prom...

One wants massive wages and the other seemingly doesn't want to leave his home country. I don't think it's got much to do with Villa.

Not tonight but we could have tried to have done more before tonight.

One wants massive wages and the other seemingly doesn't want to leave his home country. I don't think it's got much to do with Villa.
Not so sure with Canales. If Spurs were after him I would be interested to see if he would reject them.

Not tonight but we could have tried to have done more before tonight.

We might well have done - we only know what the media are reporting.

so our only target was Cleverly? And that spanish bloke who was never in a million years going to come.

what happened to the back ups? The fictional winger?

How could the club have known that?

most clubs put feelers out, talk to the agent and get encouragement before they make a bid, call it tapping up if you will, but no club goes in cold and makes themself look a prize plum duff by bidding on someone who isn't interested.

Unless it was just a public show of 'hey look everybody we tried, honest.'

Edited by VillanousOne

I just wish Lambert would be honest with us.

I have work early and here I am hitting refresh, hoping for something. If he's currently in his PJ's sipping a cup of java in front of the tele, just drop us a tweet or something.

• Like 1

Not ITK I can just see something happening. Dele Alli is someone linked to an unnamed premier league side, would fit a Lambert signing and would potentially make sense as a brilliant young midfielder. Also heard Lennon was certain to leave Spurs, Townsend was being offered to clubs. Redknapp would normally pipe up with these guys up for grabs with a yes or no but instead silence.

Don't wait up on my post cos as I say I'm not ITK, but I maintain that I see something happening

I just wish Lambert would be honest with us.

I have work early and here I am hitting refresh, hoping for something. If he's currently in his PJ's sipping a cup of java in front of the tele, just drop us a tweet or something.

It's pretty obvious nothing is going to happen now.

Incognito AVFC tweeting more PR bollocks about how we tried but things change quickly in football/business. Poor planning and execution from the people in charge of our club. We continue to be run in such an amateur fashion.

And you really know that this is unprofessional behaviour from the club? If he's said that he's interested and then suddenly, today, says he wants £80k a week you don't feel that they might have a point that he fooled them a bit? And he left it a bit late for us to move for other targets?

• Like 1