Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Not necessarily a starter Puncheon, but would give N'zogbia a kick up the arse, and either get him playing better or replace him. As long as his wages aren't too high and he fits in well with the squad I'd welcome him. Doesnt have to start but makes us stronger

I rather suspect that Puncheon is one of those players who opposition fans probably think is better than the fans who watch him week in week out. 

Think Villa fans are fans of him, as he has ripped us apart a few times. If he did sign would be a bit 'meh' and we actually need a CM.

They liked him at Saints.

Really? Not the fans I know. And I know a helluva lot. Frustrating is the word they used often.

I rather suspect that Puncheon is one of those players who opposition fans probably think is better than the fans who watch him week in week out. 

Think Villa fans are fans of him, as he has ripped us apart a few times. If he did sign would be a bit 'meh' and we actually need a CM.

Yep. If we signed all the average players who have had stormers against us over the past two years, we'd have 50 players.

• Like 1

Puncheon's 28 as well, didn't realise he was that old. He can alright on his day (not very often by the sounds of it) but I don't think he'd be the answer to our creative prayers.

Edited by useless

Almost all of the many I know, yes.

Interesting, I don't know a single fan of the player. Through marriage there are a lot of Southampton fans in my family, I also know 30-40 as good friends, I have also been a guest at St Marys for games in the past. Every single fan who has mentioned Puncheon has done so with their eyes rolling or with a frustrated sigh.

Edited by dodgyknees

The London Press are reporting that Jason Puncheon is Paul Lambert's number one target.

Not really sure what this twitterer means by the "London Press".

The London Evening Standard (the only remaining London-wide paper) doesn't appear to be reporting this, nor is the Croydon Advertiser, the local paper most relevant to Palace.

• Like 1

Almost all of the many I know, yes.

Interesting, I don't know a single fan of the player. Through marriage there are a lot of Southampton fans in my family, I also know 30-40 as good friends, I have also been a guest at St Marys for games in the past. Every single fan who has mentioned Puncheon has done so with their eyes rolling or with a frustrated sigh.

ChrisVillan, you're up on this episode of "why I know more about Southampton than you".

• Like 1

The puncheon speculation seems to come from his falling out with warnock and him not having a future at the club

That's despite him playing and scoring and the weekend...

Seems like lazy journalism to me, also seen some saying it's because of mcarthur, different player