Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Slightly OT but ALL the Sky reporters are wearing yellow ties?

Words Removed.

you say that but wait until natalie sawyer comes on in a yellow dress...

For a split second I read that as "Natalie Sawyer comes in a yellow dress". Oh well, I'll just have to keep on dreaming!

Puncheon looked good last year for Palace I was surprised at how good because when I watched him previously he didn't seem that great. Think he'd be an upgrade on Albrighton.

He tore us apart when we played Southampton in Lambert's first season.

• Like 1

Puncheon looked good last year for Palace I was surprised at how good because when I watched him previously he didn't seem that great. Think he'd be an upgrade on Albrighton.

He's not an upgrade on Grealish or N'Zogbia though. We already have enough players who only do it for 4/5 games per season, we don't need another.

Trouble is we don't play with wingers and anyone who'd be an upgrade on N'Zogbia or Grealish would probably want a place in the starting 11. I haven't seen a great deal of Puncheon so not sure about him either way.

Loving the names being touted around the Premier League clubs in this transfer window. Christian Fuchs and Rod Fanni are my two favourites. I was trying to imagine a situation whereby they played for the same team - say Hull - and the commentator went something like: "Huddlestone, Fuchs, Fanni" that would be TV commentary entertainment right there :).

Back to the Villa, does anyone actually know anything about who we might be signing? Ayew sounds like a good signing if we could make that happen.

• Like 1

Trouble is we don't play with wingers and anyone who'd be an upgrade on N'Zogbia or Grealish would probably want a place in the starting 11. I haven't seen a great deal of Puncheon so not sure about him either way.

I went to a few Southampton games a few years back, Puncheon was by far the worst player in each game.

• Like 1

I watched him play for Leeds once in a League One game, alongside Delph. He scored a great goal in that game and afterwards, when we were linked with Delph, I was hoping we'd go in for Puncheon instead.

Like someone else said, he's inconsistent. Also, seems a bit mental too. But, can't argue about how well he played against us in the past. I wouldn't mind him being at the Villa.

• Like 1