Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I saw Kiyotake play in the flesh last month and he was turd.

One of my biggest suppliers are german and avid Nurnberg fans - I spoke to him this week and he also said that he was total shite......

Nurnberg are total turd though, they've got as many wins as west brom have this season, he was good last season and thats why i assume we wanted him in the summer. I'd expect we've been scouting a lot of other players during this season.

I saw them win away at Hertha Berlin who are having a really good season.

In

Bertrand £4m

Jens Toornstra (Fc Utrecht Cm (£3m)

Wes Hoolahan (£1m)

Pontus Jansson (£1m)

Jean-Paul Boetius (£4m)

Joshua Guilavogui (Loan with View to buy)

Total spend: £13m

Out

Given

Hutton

Bent

Donacien (Loan)

Robinson (Loan)

Graham (Loan)

Bennett (Loan pref BPL)

---------------------Guzan

-----------------Vlaar---Okore

Bacuna----------------------------Bertrand

-------Delph---Toornstra(Guilavogui)--Westwood

Boetius----------------------------Agbonlahor

----------------------Benteke

That would see us pretty decent tbh, I think we will keep Lowton and rotate with Bacuna at Right back... Depends on whats actually going on there!

Bertrand, Naughton and Hoolihan would improve us with Prem quality for good value. Then scout Europe for more mid-range players that I've never heard of, rather than cheap as chips players I've never heard of. A full season of Okore and Kozak will help too.

gaz barry,.. FREE as his contract is up with city...must be offered a role with in avfc coaching when his playing days are over,offer him a two year deal, with given/hutton/bent/ off the wage bill done be fooled by " we dont pay high wages etc" 

gaz barry,.. FREE as his contract is up with city...must be offered a role with in avfc coaching when his playing days are over,offer him a two year deal, with given/hutton/bent/ off the wage bill done be fooled by " we dont pay high wages etc" 

Isn't he staying at Everton?

Isn't he staying at Everton?

no,everton have took GB on a season loan,come the summer hes free

Surely staying with Everton would be his most likely plan for next season though?

everton have offered him a year loan,..thats it..villa have offered barry over 11 years of football,we let him go so he could play at the highest level,i dont see woy taking GB to brazil so GB is limited,if lambert brings barry back in the fold with a role after playing (like petrov)..he would take it

• Like 1

Keeping Bertrand on a permanent deal would be a big ask imo, and would cost at least double the £4million quoted above

Barry - sorry but that's gone for me now, he would be knocking on 33, unless he was happy to be a bit part player for 15k a week, no thanks

• Like 1

Keeping Bertrand on a permanent deal would be a big ask imo, and would cost at least double the £4million quoted above

Barry - sorry but that's gone for me now, he would be knocking on 33, unless he was happy to be a bit part player for 15k a week, no thanks

barry style of play would be a great for villa for at least 2 years, every TOP team has a player of age, man u -giggs..chelsea=lamps..pool= gerrard etc. barry is better than every midfield player & more on the books at villa,hes fluffing free, give him givens wages! no brainer 

barry style of play would be a great for villa for at least 2 years, every TOP team has a player of age, man u -giggs..chelsea=lamps..pool= gerrard etc. barry is better than every midfield player & more on the books at villa,hes fluffing free, give him givens wages! no brainer

I really don't think making another 30+ player our top earner is part of the blueprint, as good as he is. We need a bruiser to go alongside Delph and Westwood. If we were going to get a luxury player from City I hope it would be Richards, I'd love to see him destroying the midfield. I'm not sure if he's ever played there before though.

Everton fans seem to think Barry staying  with them depends on whether or not he'd settle for Fifty grand a week. If we were to give that to someone I'd prefer it to go to one of the new wave of Villa stars, someone new and exciting.

Not that I actually believe anyone will be signed who earns that much.

Edited by useless

everton need to agree a wage with GB, villa need to offer a after playing role too,that would sway it. lamberts has gone on record saying this team needs experience ,he brought in holt

if you can find a better player in this league who is injury free ( richards?) a FREE! GB would do a job & get into pretty much every team now.sorry but its a no brainer when you think how many players have took on par wages out of the club with little return on the field,barry does not fall into this bracket,

on the field..barrry would give westwood & delph much needed help.. that is unless you happy watching kea/sylla/tonov/ get smashed buy everyone

he want to last year,,wages were high as he was on the doe under city contract & lambert had a dead beat named ireland on big wages (randy signed him)..you get what you pay for kids,hence the league points & dread full performaces.

break down the villa side..not one player has been signed from a Premier League club.. we deserve at least fluffing ONE!