Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I was a guest in the press box today and sat in on the post-match presser too. Lambert said Vlaar is going nowhere and he's still hopeful of one or two ins.

Ooooh la-de-dar!!!

What can I say? I'm just that damn awesome ;)

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Chelsea need to lose a foreigner, can see it being salah, would love him here on loan, and at the same time would hate it if someone like Stoke, hull of the baggies ended up with him

Cleverley and salah in tomorrow and I'd say it's been a great summer

Maybe I'm off the mark here, but I didn't think the Premiership had a foreign players/non-EU limit? I just thought there was a homegrown minimum.

Not an expert but isn't it because there is a homegrown minimum and an overall squad size maximum, so it means there sort of is a foreign player limit, although not explicitly set? Could be wrong, that's just my interpretation.

Maybe I'm off the mark here, but I didn't think the Premiership had a foreign players/non-EU limit? I just thought there was a homegrown minimum.

It's more geared towards Europe, but you do need a quota of homegrown players in your registered squad, 8 I think.. In your European squad you need something like 4 who trained in the Uk and 4 who trained with the club for a minimum of 3 years before their 21st birthday or something like that.

You can have a maximum of 25 senior (above age 21) players registered to play in the Premier League.
If you want to have 25 men registered, 8 of these have to be home grown.

This automatically leads to the fact you can only have 17 senior players that are not home grown (foreign in most cases)

A club is however not forced to have neither 25 registered players, nor 8 home grown. But one affect the other, if you have only 7 hg players you can only have 24 registered, 6 hg players=max 23 registered players etc.

Hopefully our champions league position in the table can help prize in some talented signings ;)

Beating Hull, a direct competitor in the chase for Cleverley certainly helps! 

Chelsea need to lose a foreigner, can see it being salah, would love him here on loan, and at the same time would hate it if someone like Stoke, hull of the baggies ended up with him

Cleverley and salah in tomorrow and I'd say it's been a great summer

Yeah that would be a great summer. I'd be very excited. Genuinely excited though not the kind of excited I've been used to for years where i just make myself feel better and get hopeful. 

You can have a maximum of 25 senior (above age 21) players registered to play in the Premier League.

If you want to have 25 men registered, 8 of these have to be home grown.

This automatically leads to the fact you can only have 17 senior players that are not home grown (foreign in most cases)

A club is however not forced to have neither 25 registered players, nor 8 home grown. But one affect the other, if you have only 7 hg players you can only have 24 registered, 6 hg players=max 23 registered players etc.

The premier league should introduced an only allowed three average midfield players quota just for Spurs then you might actually start selling some. ;)

Cleverley would be a nice addition.

If we could get one more, a winger, I would be delighted.

I'd add, with El-Ahmadi on his way, as confirmed by Lambert, we must have one coming in. I highly doubt he'd have let him go otherwise.

The premier league should introduced an only allowed three average midfield players quota just for Spurs then you might actually start selling some. ;)

Not sure whether today's game means we should get rid of some of them or sign even more ;)

• Like 1