Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

They just interviewed Lambert on Five Live. Was quizzed about Cleverley.

He wouldn't be drawn in to comment on the United player specifically. He did say the club were looking at a few players but if they didn't happen, they didn't happen.

A very non-specific set of answers.

He wouldn't be drawn in to comment on the United player specifically. He did say the club were looking at a few players but if they didn't happen, they didn't happen.

Nothing unusual then

A few players would hopefully point to at least 2 signings. Would imagine the SSN reporter for the midlands will be at VP tomorrow as WBA have pretty much signed everyone already.

EDIT - I mean Bodymoor as opposed to VP.

Edited by jacketspuds

The standard Lambert response.

I'd be a little disappointed and surprised if we didnt get two in (either perm or loan or both) between now and the end of the window to be honest

This is the perfect opportunity to give everyone a massive lift. Capitalise on the positivity after the first 3 games by bringing in Cleverley plus an exciting winger.

don't have work tomorrow, buzzing! i will have a headache tomorrow night from too much staring at screens and a lack of food/liquid, but i'll be the first one to see that Dack's move from Gillingham to Stevenage on a 6 month loan has been completed. Then who will be laughing

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 2

don't have work tomorrow, buzzing! have a headache from too much staring at screens and a lack of food/liquid, but i'll be the first one to see that Dack's move from Gillingham to Stevenage on a 6 month loan has been completed. Then who will be laughing

I have a headache from stress - that last 15 minutes was **** nerve-racking.

• Like 1

don't have work tomorrow, buzzing! i will have a headache tomorrow night from too much staring at screens and a lack of food/liquid, but i'll be the first one to see that Dack's move from Gillingham to Stevenage on a 6 month loan has been completed. Then who will be laughing

I have a headache from stress - that last 15 minutes was **** nerve-racking.

was how it was supposed to read, but i understand your pain today, i was growing grey hairs assuming the inevitable from the last 3 seasons

After what he said about Koeman he's hardly going to say anything else though. As much as the "we go again" stuff was a bit embarrassing last season I think Lambert's approach to the press is more or less spot on. They will spin what he says however they like anyway, may as well give them as little as possible to work with.

It's a holiday here in Canada tomorrow and I've been told there's a family outing to the cinema tomorrow afternoon... which means I'll miss the end of the deadline :(

No you won't, you shouldn't go out when you're not feeling well *Hint hint*

• Like 2

It's a holiday here in Canada tomorrow and I've been told there's a family outing to the cinema tomorrow afternoon... which means I'll miss the end of the deadline :(

No you won't, you shouldn't go out when you're not feeling well *Hint hint*

Funny that… I've not been feeling well either….

After what he said about Koeman he's hardly going to say anything else though. As much as the "we go again" stuff was a bit embarrassing last season I think Lambert's approach to the press is more or less spot on. They will spin what he says however they like anyway, may as well give them as little as possible to work with.

100% agree, they completely stitched him up last year with his comments regarding the FA cup when taken out of context and then sensationalised.

• Like 1