Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Sandro going to QPR.

Song going to West Ham.

Cleverly going to Villa.

Spot the shit deal ;)

Oh and I second going for Diame instead of Cleverley.

I was gutted when we weren't in for him when he went to west ham. He has a release clause in his contract of 3.5m.

4.5m cheaper than Cleverley and a better player.

Not too late to change your mind Paul!

Diame had a good first few months when he signed for West Ham, since them he's been pretty crap. Like he was at Wigan.

Got quite a few WH friends and they don't really rate him, very inconsistent.

Also if he was up to scratch, they wouldn't have signed Kouyate to do his job in the team.

Yeh I could see how they think he is inconsistent. He got a bad injury though which I'm sure didn't help his form afterwards. But when he's on form he's an absolute powerhouse of a midfielder.

And I'm not just championing him because he's a different option to Cleverley. My post history will clearly show I was praising him when west ham bought him.

I imagine pretty much every (foreign) player would be open to leaving Shakhtar Donetsk atm what with both their stadium and training facility having been attacked and partially destroyed.

Not that we could afford them...

A cheeky bid for Bernard might work.

I imagine pretty much every (foreign) player would be open to leaving Shakhtar Donetsk atm what with both their stadium and training facility having been attacked and partially destroyed.

Cheeky indeed!

Cheeky indeed!

Or a loan? The foreign players in the Ukraine seem very keen to leave ASAP.

• Like 1

Sandro going to QPR.

Song going to West Ham.

Cleverly going to Villa.

Spot the shit deal ;)

I was gutted when we weren't in for him when he went to west ham. He has a release clause in his contract of 3.5m.

Diame had a good first few months when he signed for West Ham, since them he's been pretty crap. Like he was at Wigan.

Also if he was up to scratch, they wouldn't have signed Kouyate to do his job in the team.

Yeh I could see how they think he is inconsistent. He got a bad injury though which I'm sure didn't help his form afterwards. But when he's on form he's an absolute powerhouse of a midfielder.

And I'm not just championing him because he's a different option to Cleverley. My post history will clearly show I was praising him when west ham bought him.

I see your point about Diame - I just feel for the investment that we would have to make in him (£3.5m transfer fee plus £50k+ per week wages), given his age, he wouldn't be the wisest investment, due to his injury record and inconsistency.

Sandro going to QPR.

Song going to West Ham.

Cleverly going to Villa.

Spot the shit deal ;)

I see your point about Diame - I just feel for the investment that we would have to make in him (£3.5m transfer fee plus £50k+ per week wages), given his age, he wouldn't be the wisest investment, due to his injury record and inconsistency.

Yep I think that would be the sticking point. The injury and wages.In terms of quality I wouldn't have any doubts.

• Like 1

Ideally i would love Walcott, but i have a feeling we might go for Townsend, and i think he would be ok.

LOL no chance in hell Walcott will ever play for this club. And Townsend had that good run of form last season which makes me think spurs would inflate his price. Would definitely have him though. 

• Like 1

Ideally i would love Walcott, but i have a feeling we might go for Townsend, and i think he would be ok.

LOL no chance in hell Walcott will ever play for this club. And Townsend had that good run of form last season which makes me think spurs would inflate his price. Would definitely have him though. 

No chance of either. Move on, nothing to see here.

• Like 1

whats with the talk that Randy has released 30 million for Lambert to spend?

Wheres this talk coming from? few posts on twitter.. was it in a paper?

No club in thier right mind would release how much they have to spend to the world.

Prices will go up on that fact alone.

Not only that but who gives someone 30 million with 2 days of the window left….

if we sign Cleverley for say £7.5m? how much do you reckon we will have left to spend elsewhere (winger)?

Cissokho - £2.5m

Richardson - £600k

Sanchez - £4.7m

Cleverley - £7.5m

So i'd imagine, based on us generally spending £20m a season that we would still have another £5m to spend?

Diame is unrealistic because of his wages. I remember when he signed for West Ham, there was a lot of talk of him wanting massive wages. I doubt he'd come here for less than £60k p/w, and he's only worth half that.